Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020-21 FAU Offseason Wishlist

He's also very close to his mom, which is very important to him.

I don't care about what "happened" at USF, he's found his Faith and is a changed man.

Lane Kiffin can say the same, although his dismissal was different.

Some coaches are just winners, and that is that - they are called to their profession and skilled by inherent gifts.

Regardless, he's the best $400K coach we ever had and is worth every single penny…was able to take what everyone thought would be a weak point for the team, and turn it into the strength - hands down.

Didn't involve turning a gum wrapper into a nuclear bomb, but AMAZING job and…

Back to the top

I think coach Leavitt is the absolute best. Great coach and great person. That is hard to find. When you do, you keep them. And  I HATE the portal as it stands. I thought it was designed to give kids the option to move if the couching staff changes. Now kids can leave if they don't like the weather
Back to the top

Liberty is going to need a coach in a hot minute…they’ve already resurrected a tainted career and they’re perfect For a man of faith like Leavitt. If he leaves, that’s a job I could see him taking.

Ricks point about visiting his mom frequently is sound though, can’t put a price on that at his mothers advanced age. 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I think coach Leavitt is the absolute best. Great coach and great person. That is hard to find. When you do, you keep them. And  I HATE the portal as it stands. I thought it was designed to give kids the option to move if the couching staff changes. Now kids can leave if they don't like the weather
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2020, 5:47 AM #398270

The portal should have been designed for two major reasons. Not blocking players from transferring to certain schools, and for allowing players to leave with staff changes. 

I am all for kids having the right to transfer if they want to. But I also think guys need to try toughing it out when things get rough, at least to start. 

What is getting lost in blue-chip kids leaving big schools like Nebraska is how many of them are from Florida. That is a major cultural shift in many facets of life. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

BTW, UCF's McKenizie Milton is available.  It has been two years since that horrific injury he suffered against USF. His friend at UCF is a pretty exceptional QB. He does not want to compete against him at QB but wants to play. He is transferring. He is worth a look. He has been healthy enough to run the scout team QB.

IEven if he has lost something, he is light years ahead of our QBs right now.
Back to the top

rook01 said

BTW, UCF's McKenizie Milton is available.  It has been two years since that horrific injury he suffered against USF. His friend at UCF is a pretty exceptional QB. He does not want to compete against him at QB but wants to play. He is transferring. He is worth a look. He has been healthy enough to run the scout team QB.

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2020, 11:34 AM #398274

That’s a really, really good point.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Liberty is going to need a coach in a hot minute…they’ve already resurrected a tainted career and they’re perfect For a man of faith like Leavitt. If he leaves, that’s a job I could see him taking.

Ricks point about visiting his mom frequently is sound though, can’t put a price on that at his mothers advanced age. 
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2020, 7:15 AM #398271

Freeze isnt going anywhere this year. Liberty just raised his pay to 3m a year. IF Freeze leaves it will be for a lot more money not like 900k more and the stress of a P5 bottom feeder like South Carolina.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

rook01 said

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2020, 11:34 AM #398274

That’s a really, really good point.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2020, 11:37 AM #398275

Jason Driskel coming back for a phd would be light years ahead…

That being said Milton would be a catch.
Back to the top

There’s an article in the PBP where Taggart is talking about Posey and how he will improve this off season and have a good spring. It’s seemed like he wants Posey to be the long term option.

Personally I’d like for us to at least reach out to Milton and a lot of other QB’s that aren’t going to be starters. I’m really not feeling confident about Posey. All signs point to Taggart wanting him to be the Starter the next few years. I don’t even know if Taggart plans to get a QB to compete for the job. With all Taggart has on the line I’m surprised.
Back to the top

I'm watching unt/ LaTech. We need a passing game. Im jealous  watching  the arms on these young guys. Our biggest weakness
Back to the top
Control functions: