Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Florida National @ FAU - December 3, 2020

Add topic

FAU Hoops Open Home Campaign against NAIA's Florida National

What: Florida National (2-6) vs. Florida Atlantic (1-2)

When: Thursday, December 3, @ 7:00 PM Eastern

Where: Abessinio Court at FAU Arena

Series: This is the first ever meeting between the Owls and the NAIA squad from Hialeah.

TV: None

Stream: CUSA.tv *FEE

Radio: FoxSports 640

Notables

FAU opens their home slate against the Conquistadors of Florida National University, who average over 90 points a game. Still, FNU fell to Georgia Southern by a score of 97-65 in their lone previous matchup against a Division I opponent.

Last time out, senior forward Jailyn Ingram and freshman guard Nicholas Boyd led the Owls in scoring with 22 and 17 points, respectively. This allowed paved the way for FAU's first win of the campaign via an 83-41 thumping of University of Mobile.

Like in the game against Mobile, expect FAU head Coach Dusty May to rely on the exciting and talented freshmen class of Boyd, Alijah Martin, and Johnell Davis, and Giancarlo Rosado, in order to get them increased game reps before the Owls the likes of NC State and Florida.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU's Starting Five tonight vs. Florida National.

Back to the top

So, been watching these college basketball blow outs, wondering if FAU could emulate the 150+ point efforts?

Well, wonder no more…

Back to the top

A year or two ago There was a FNU recent graduate from the basketball team playing in a pickup game. I thought I might have been better than him when I was his age.
Back to the top

And there's history! Giancarlo Rosado will be the answer to the trivia question of who broke FAU's record for most team points scored in a single-game.

Back to the top

OWLS WIN! And set a new program record in the process.

Not a bad day at the office, huh?

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020-21 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Coach Dusty May praised his freshmen play, but stood most impressed on his team's rebounding ability.

Back to the top
Control functions: