Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2020: FAU @ Ga Southern

Let’s try this again. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I do not have much confidence going into this game. Ga Southern strength of their defense is stopping the run, but are vulnerable against the pass. Unless Posey or Tronti can make some plays with their arm FAU will struggle to win this game. Throw in the fact Ga Southern hasn’t lost a non-conference game at home in forever I just don’t see FAU breaking thru. Ga Southern will make enough plays against FAU’s defense to win a close game. Pat Chun the gift that keeps on giving.

Georgia Southern 21

FAU 13 
Back to the top

FAU 21
GS 17
FAU should be winning these games.
Back to the top

Im leaming with Delta on this one. We are WAY  to one dementional.  GaSo 20.  FAU  14
Back to the top

The FAU Defense will be lights out and will help a developing offense. Malcom rushes for 80+ yards and TJ Chase has another big game. Owls 24 GSU 13.  Go Owls 🦉 
Back to the top

I agree with Nite Owl. We’re at a point now as a program where we should be, and have been, winning these kind of games. It’ll be a close one but I think our Defense steps up big and Tronti makes a few plays with his arm when needed. He’ll play more than expected in this game: 

24-14 Owls win. 
Back to the top

You could flip flop this score for either team:

24-17

That said, we should win since we've really had 8 full days for the coaches to come up with up wrinkles on both sides of the ball that should give us an edge. We have better athletes overall IMHO, and this is going to come down to coaching and execution.

Owls WIN!
Back to the top

I have been going back and fourth on this game all week.

In the end I feel that GSU is missing too much on offense. Werts is banged up, they are missing a couple of their top backs and a couple guys on D.

Our D naturally lines up well vs a triple option. True Nose tackle, standup OLB’s, good run stopping inside backers.

Posey will have to throw in the 200-250 range and not turn it over more than once.

If we just get a few plays in the air we win 20-13.
Back to the top

200-250 is ambitious.  If he does that, we win. Love love love our young ,big, solid  interior. D linemen. They have been the key to our D so far. Way under rated.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

200-250 is ambitious.  If he does that, we win. Love love love our young ,big, solid  interior. D linemen. They have been the key to our D so far. Way under rated.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2020, 6:20 PM #398302

I think there will be big chunk pass plays available to FAU. So in a winning effort I could see that pass total happening cause they hid those big plays 
Back to the top

Should be a close matchup. I think it will be low scoring and FAU will need a big play on offense and a big play on defense to get the win.

Fearless Prediction:

FAU 24
GaSo 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: