Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POST GAME 2020: Georgia Southern - Willie Taggart

Coach Willie Taggart's post game teleconference for the Owls' contest against the Eagles on December 5, 2020.

Read more

In the post game show, Taggart kept saying that Posey would get  better. He said the he locked into a receiver on an interception but that he’ll learn from it.

One read QB’s don’t get better. On top of that he has a fumbling problem which will never go away. And a propensity to throw picks which also won’t go away. Posey should never have a meaningful snap at QB for the rest of his career. 

At least some one read QB’s don’t fumble and don’t throw that many picks. Posey turns the ball over every game.

Posey is a 1 read and run QB who is a turnover machine. There’s nothing to teach him. Taggart is acting like he’s our future.

I didn’t watch the game, but I didn’t hear Taggart Jr.’s name. Maybe he didn’t play.

I’m telling you, there was a guy with inside information that knew that players were upset his son was playing over more talented receivers. C’mon, his son is absolutely horrible. He’s another guy that shouldn’t be playing at all. I think Taggart has had to quit playing his son because people were upset. I can’t believe that he played his son so much when he’s atrocious. 

Imagine being Agner that game we won 24-3 and Taggart gives his son 2 possessions when he’s been there 3 years. The only pass his son attempted he under threw a wide open receiver by 5 yards on an out route to the sideline. It was as if he couldn’t throw that far with velocity. I don’t even think his son can throw more than 20 yards with velocity.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

In the post game show, Taggart kept saying that Posey would get  better. He said the he locked into a receiver on an interception but that he’ll learn from it.

One read QB’s don’t get better. On top of that he has a fumbling problem which will never go away. And a propensity to throw picks which also won’t go away. Posey should never have a meaningful snap at QB for the rest of his career. 

At least some one read QB’s don’t fumble and don’t throw that many picks. Posey turns the ball over every game.

Posey is a 1 read and run QB who is a turnover machine. There’s nothing to teach him. Taggart is acting like he’s our future.

I didn’t watch the game, but I didn’t hear Taggart Jr.’s name. Maybe he didn’t play.

I’m telling you, there was a guy with inside information that knew that players were upset his son was playing over more talented receivers. C’mon, his son is absolutely horrible. He’s another guy that shouldn’t be playing at all. I think Taggart has had to quit playing his son because people were upset. I can’t believe that he played his son so much when he’s atrocious. 

Imagine being Agner that game we won 24-3 and Taggart gives his son 2 possessions when he’s been there 3 years. The only pass his son attempted he under threw a wide open receiver by 5 yards on an out route to the sideline. It was as if he couldn’t throw that far with velocity. I don’t even think his son can throw more than 20 yards with velocity.
Posted On: Dec 5th 2020, 10:58 PM #398446

Yea I really hope his son isn’t playing due to nepotism. There’s no place in football l, especially on such a talented team like we have, for that. I was at the UTSA game when he came in at QB and he was awful. I don’t think he played this game but for some reason, I feel like Taggart is playing certain guys over much better options for reasons outside of play on the field. That’s never a good recipe. Tonight sucked but it shows how far we’ve come as a program where now we expect wins week in and week out. It wasn’t like that just a four short years ago. While we can all agree Lane is missed big time around these parts, Willie has played the cards he’s been dealt. His star QB let the entire team down with selfish decisions that got him booted before the season started and Willie had to pick between our backup last year and a raw Redshirt Freshman at Qb. 
Back to the top

Well said Law Owl.
We had a very good starting QB in Chris R. who would have only been a Junior.
It is difficult to try and move everyone up two years in the program from where they should still be learning.
We were dealt a tough situation with Chris and will need to find our way sooner than later.
Back to the top

I agree with all this. Bottom line, we don't have a winning qb  on the team. As for perception,  my friend in Vegas (he works for a sports bet cssino), just emailed me. He basically said the Willie affect is happening. He is not a Taggart  fan. I'm still open minded. But we only put up three against GaSo. Good thing we aren't in the Funbelt.  We would be near the bottom.
Back to the top

I mean let’s be honest here. Some of these QB issues the blame has to be put on Lane. Look at the QB’s we signed in Lane’s 3 recruiting classes:

2017 - Deandre Johnson 
2018 - Cordell Littlejohn
2019 - javion Posey

This team was built for Robison and we had nothing behind him. 
Back to the top

I'm glad you went there. I was thinking that the whole time. Lane was successful because he had one of the most talented qb  in the country. And lane knew how to use Chris. Im still an owl , but im realistic. As of today, we do not have our future QB  currently on the team.
Back to the top

Let’s also remember: for what it’s worth, we were at our wits end with CR in 2018 when it was his Redshirt Freshman year. IMO, he seemed a little more polished than Posey is right now but like Posey, there was a lot of struggles with some good moments. For Christ sake, he got benched for Rafe freakin’ Peavy!! So yes while a the moment, I’m not very confident in Posey, that’s not to say this is a 2018 CR type situation where maybe he comes back next year and makes a huge leap. We know the running ability is there and he did show at least some improvement in the passing game last night. 
Back to the top

Littlejohn, Tronti, Agner and Posey.
Lane did not leave much for Willie to work with especially knowing the legal issues CR was going to face.
I think Willie knows what needs to be done and he will address it in the months to come.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Let’s also remember: for what it’s worth, we were at our wits end with CR in 2018 when it was his Redshirt Freshman year. IMO, he seemed a little more polished than Posey is right now but like Posey, there was a lot of struggles with some good moments. For Christ sake, he got benched for Rafe freakin’ Peavy!! So yes while a the moment, I’m not very confident in Posey, that’s not to say this is a 2018 CR type situation where maybe he comes back next year and makes a huge leap. We know the running ability is there and he did show at least some improvement in the passing game last night. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:08 AM #398456

I think as FAU fans we love to forget 2018 season ever happened. I still have nightmares about that La Tech game. That offense had 3 future NFL players on it too. The offense was a mess that year. 
Back to the top
Control functions: