Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POST GAME 2020: Georgia Southern - Willie Taggart

There was a huge difference between Robison in 2018 and Posey this year. From Robison’s first game at Oklahoma I noted that he was going through his reads quickly. 

Robison “got better” because.

1) OL got much better at pass blocking in 2019

2) no hands Durante was gone and Wright’s role was reduced

3) emergence of Antoine and guys like Mitchell and Harrison being healthy

From day 1 Robison was going through reads quickly. He didn’t get better in 2019 it was always there.

Posey is a 1 read QB. One read QB’s can win titles and Heisman’s but when your 1 read QB is fumble and interception prone, you need to bench him for good and move on.
Back to the top

What disappoints me is the regression when there should be week to week improvement!
Back to the top

I’m not going to mention the source, but guy said the players hate Taggart

People outside of the program are aware of the fact that players are mad at Taggart for playing his son. Personally I think he’s horrible and can’t even throw more than 20 yards with velocity not to mention absolutely horrifyingly bad receiver skills.

Taggart might have lost the locker room because of the ridiculous packages he gave his son. It really is unfathomable he made those packages for his son.

The only we he gains the players respect back is to never play Jr. again. 

Personally I know how these things go. Jr. will eventually be the #2 QB. Basically in a couple years if the starter is out Jr. will be the worst starting QB to in the FBS.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’m not going to mention the source, but guy said the players hate Taggart

People outside of the program are aware of the fact that players are mad at Taggart for playing his son. Personally I think he’s horrible and can’t even throw more than 20 yards with velocity not to mention absolutely horrifyingly bad receiver skills.

Taggart might have lost the locker room because of the ridiculous packages he gave his son. It really is unfathomable he made those packages for his son.

The only we he gains the players respect back is to never play Jr. again. 

Personally I know how these things go. Jr. will eventually be the #2 QB. Basically in a couple years if the starter is out Jr. will be the worst starting QB to in the FBS.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 11:45 AM #398477

Willie Jr. has only played 25 plays in the last two games when Chase is not in the game.

And honestly, he has more look more athletic than a couple of the other back up WR's.

We have 7 WR's committed and one more 2020 who gray (Kobe Stewart) shirted coming in January.

John Mitchell will most likely be back as well.

The room will be different next year.
Back to the top

Means absolutely zero until we can find the guy to get them the ball. I'm going to believe that Posey will advance the same way CR advanced from year to year. But maybe im crazy. Next season we will have a line, rb's, and wr's.  But we need a solid qb.
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3314

That source that said players hate Taggart also said that players respected Kiffin even though they thought he was weird.

When you score 3 points it could be because players on offense are mad at Taggart and maybe aren’t playing their tails off for him. 

His son had caused a lot of friction in the locker room.

Sure you can say Jr.’s only played this many plays. But what about those designed passes to Jr. that didn’t go anywhere. They were like weird screens or something.

There’s serious issues with his son and if the backup reeeivers are mad the rest of the offense might be mad too. And by the way Jr. is terrible.

At least with the defense they respect Leavitt.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Means absolutely zero until we can find the guy to get them the ball. I'm going to believe that Posey will advance the same way CR advanced from year to year. But maybe im crazy. Next season we will have a line, rb's, and wr's.  But we need a solid qb.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 12:46 PM #398480

I’m with you Local. Posey has shown enough in spots that he can be our QB of the future like CR was. If he cuts down on the turnovers and improves enough as a passer to keep Defenses honest, he can be the version of himself that we saw against FIU. Most rushing yards in a single game in school history and that was with guys like Jeff Driskel and Quez Johnson starting for multiple years. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

That source that said players hate Taggart also said that players respected Kiffin even though they thought he was weird.

When you score 3 points it could be because players on offense are mad at Taggart and maybe aren’t playing their tails off for him. 

Sure you can say Jr.’s only played this many plays. But what about those designed passes to Jr. that didn’t go anywhere. They were like weird screens or something.

There’s serious issues with his son and if the backup reeeivers are mad the rest of the offense might be mad too. And by the way Jr. is terrible.

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 1:00 PM #398481

Can you stop throwing BS out here. You went to normal for a while on the forum and now you’re back to your nonsense. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 1:00 PM #398481
Whatever “source” you may have, players, parents, random people in athletics etc always make fusses over who plays and doesn’t. 

You mad about his son playing? Beat him out. Don’t look slow, learn the play book better. 

Again there isn’t anything to complain about as his son hardly played. 6 WR’s have more snaps the last two games.

Sounds like a bunch of nothing.
Back to the top

Every single head coach has supposedly had the same thing said about them, especially when losing occurs…it was terrible in the end with Howard.

That said, it's toxic, and agree, really doesn't warrant proclamation or promotion.
Back to the top
Control functions: