Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Five Takeaway's from FAU's 20-3 loss to Georgia Southern

jgf2017 said

Not only did Posey turn it over 3 times, but it was a safe game plan that doesn’t take big chances and that Tronti doesn’t turn it over with.

Think about it. Posey turned it over 3 times with a safe gameplan. Imagine how many turnovers he would have if the play calling was more advanced.

If you analyze Posey’s throwing motion it’s very concerning. That there’s any consideration of him being the starter in future seasons is very troubling.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:43 PM #398511

IF we want to win games Tronti has to be the go to guy, yes he is not very explosive but the minute they put him in we had instant offense, he can make throws that Posey can't make. I fully believe that this staff will go out and get a transfer QB if not you can kiss next season goodbye because we cannot win 8-9 games without a decent pocket passer QB the defense can only do so much. Also the O-Line is very disappointing.
Back to the top

@williewagon,  I'm an old school o line guy. I want to see a bit more agression/meanness/violence from our line. On many plays it is as if the guys are going through the motions. I'm hoping that will come with some maturity.  
Back to the top

AND Coaching, expect and demand more Coaches - LEAD!
Back to the top

Even with the 20 points this past Sat. (7 not on D with punt return!) FAU D still ranked 3rd in nation in points allowed per game! Great job guys - keep battling!!!
Back to the top

I like the last take away regarding the portal..
We need a battle tested QB to push the offense.
I may be stuck in the past, but I'd open the door back up for a Robison comeback if it's possible.
Back to the top

Robison has not been kicked out of the school, so anything is possible IMO. But we need a portal guy very badly someone who can step into the role next year and start. This team is too talented on the offensive side of the ball. We are one position away if we had a competent QB playing for us right now we would be undefeated. Yes O-Line needs some help but we did not allow a single sack last game. Also Posey is not the guy right now he can't hold on the ball and his throwing mechanics are just not good. The defense only gets better next year we have Greene and hopefully Keke coming back, we just need to take care of business next week and put this game in the rearview mirror.
Back to the top

The reason Posey should never take a meaningful snap at QB for the rest of his career is not because he’s a 1 read QB. The reason he can’t play is because he fumbles and throws picks all the time and has a throwing motion that elicits a response of please don’t play QB!

Like I’ve said, college football is so soft that there are very successful 1 read QB’s. But they don’t have a ridiculously bad throwing motion and aren’t turnover machines. 
Back to the top
Control functions: