Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POST GAME 2020: Georgia Southern - Willie Taggart

Ok fine I’ll stop and give Taggart the benefit of the doubt. Let’s see how things play out next season.
Back to the top

We still have a realistic shot at finishing 6-2 in a year that was a complete wash. He definitely showed us something I bet a Charlie P led team would have folded like FIU and MTSU have
Back to the top

Keep in mind this about posey. Teams have tape on him now. FIU really only had two drives to scout him. If im playing him I’m putting everyone in the box and every carry that he gets strip the ball from him. 
Back to the top

About Taggart Jr. playing 25 plays the last 2 games. I watched the film of the GSU game and didn’t see Jr. on the field for 1 snap. 

Make of it what you will but people outside the program are aware players are mad at Jr. playing and then he doesn’t play the next game. That’s quite a coincidence. For what it’s worth Jr. on the year has 5 rushes for 6 yards and 1 reception for -5 yards. And I’m pretty sure he got targeted a lot more than once. And of course the incompletion when he couldn’t put any velocity on a 20 yard pass on an out route to the sideline and under threw a wide open receiver by 5 yards.

I just looked at the 4th and 1 we got stopped on a QB run up the middle down 17-3.

GSU was playing man on the 2 receivers to the left and Chase on the right. They had 8 in the box. You have to change that play and take advantage of single coverage especially since it was Tronti.

Tronti can maybe learn and get really good at exploiting man coverage. There’s no way Posey will learn to do that.
Back to the top

Why would Nick Tronti want to return to play and mature for a head coach who is not in his corner and does not appear to have been from the beginning! He's hung his own kid and Posey in front of him with a short tether the whole time. No QB builds a lot of his own swagger in that "SIT" especially when they can't even get a play into him on time. Tronti had 4 starts (3-1) and got pulled for some "flash" broken play excitement. How's that looking now and for the future? Is it any wonder why Justin Agner resigned?

There are other agendas in play here in case no one has noticed! Just watch Willie leave Posey in there against Southern Miss after that GSU "sh-t show" hoping he will run wild,(not fumble) build a lead and then allow him to get Jr. on the field!,,,,in the spirit of development of course. Right! His son should realistically be playing FCS somewhere.

Tronti deserves to start this final game and be allowed to finish it like he did the first (Charlotte) with a 14+ point V!

Back to the top

nighthawk1 said

Why would Nick Tronti want to return to play and mature for a head coach who is not in his corner and does not appear to have been from the beginning! He's hung his own kid and Posey in front of him with a short tether the whole time. No QB builds a lot of his own swagger in that "SIT" especially when they can't even get a play into him on time. Tronti had 4 starts (3-1) and got pulled for some "flash" broken play excitement. How's that looking now and for the future? Is it any wonder why Justin Agner resigned?

There are other agendas in play here in case no one has noticed! Just watch Willie leave Posey in there against Southern Miss after that GSU "sh-t show" hoping he will run wild,(not fumble) build a lead and then allow him to get Jr. on the field!,,,,in the spirit of development of course. Right! His son should realistically be playing FCS somewhere.

Tronti deserves to start this final game and be allowed to finish it like he did the first (Charlotte) with a 14+ point V!

Posted On: Dec 7th 2020, 7:06 PM #398540

Everyone was calling for posey including me. Tronti played okay but nothing spectacular. Posey provided a spark and while I think tronti provided a better option against ga southern coaches will all tell you if its close between a young player and vet you play the young player. Tronti has been better with the turnovers but outside of that nothing heads and shoulders above posey. We need another qb option thats not currently on the roster.
Back to the top

nighthawk1 said

I agree with everything. The best thing here is for Taggart to never play his son again. It’s obvious why he played. I think Taggart had no choice but to not play him against GSU. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

nighthawk1 said

I agree with everything. The best thing here is for Taggart to never play his son again. It’s obvious why he played. I think Taggart had no choice but to not play him against GSU. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2020, 12:14 AM #398552

I don’t know if you look at the testing numbers the strength team puts out. His son is one of the best athletes on the team as a true freshman. I think this whole posey sucks and WT Jr sucks is stupid considering they are freshman. 5 star recruits arent walking through that door on the regular. The staff better develop some of those young players. 
Back to the top

Bottom line is a QB cannot turn the ball over 3 times a game!
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3314

It’s not just that Taggart Jr. was playing. Taggart made designed plays for Jr. There were screens and trick plays that were designed for Jr.

If he’s so “athletic” then why does he have 5 rushes for 6 yards and 1 catch for -5 yards. I’m pretty sure he got targeted more than once. He’s 0-2 passing and can’t even throw for more than 20 yards with velocity.

Taggart had no choice but to not play him against GSU. It’s obvious he isn’t as athletic as you think.

The whole team hasn’t turned against Taggart because the defense respects Leavitt. The players don’t respect Taggart. He has no choice but to put him at the end of the depth chart where he belongs.

Back to the top
Control functions: