Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Recruiting - FSU's James Blackman is transferring somewhere

Add topic

I don’t know if you guys saw blackman in high school but he is awful. Jimbo went 5-6 with him, willie got fired with him and norvell had to use a running back qb in travis that is a better option. He was intended to be filler in that class they took francois I believe as well. No to blackman. 
Back to the top

James Blackman makes the most sense even though I know I’m going to get a bunch of crap for it 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

James Blackman makes the most sense even though I know I’m going to get a bunch of crap for it 
Posted On: Dec 13th 2020, 7:26 AM #398944

No, I have dug into Blackman some more, and his numbers are not as bad as some might think.

He had maybe one of the worst lines in all of college football in 2019 and still managed 17 TD's 11 ints, and 64 percent completion.

Can he come here and be a 22 and 7 guy with a 68 percent completion? That would be the hope.

I will say this though, if Blackman comes be ready for tons of criticism from outside outlets.

Also, expect some more interesting names to enter. I would not be against FAU getting two through the portal as you simply can not miss at this position next year.

One guy before spring and another guy after he realizes he will not start at his current school.

Back to the top

Your statement is accurate.  I just don't think he would significantly improve our team.
Back to the top

Milton commits to FSU
Back to the top

Blackmon is another 1 read QB. He takes forever to get to his second read if he ever gets that far. That would be a massive disappointment. Tronti would be better. 
Back to the top

James is not a bad QB he has just been in some bad situations, he was committed to FAU at one point and I would not be mad if he ended up transferring here, he has "easier" competition in the CUSA. But as Shane said we cannot miss on a QB next year it will make or break next season.
Back to the top
Control functions: