Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Penn State QB Michael Johnson Jr. Announces Transfer to FAU

Add topic

Michael Johnson, Jr.
QB
6-3, 185 lbs
Eugene, OR
Penn State University

Michael Johnson has a long relationship with FAU coaches Raymond Woodie, and David Kelly.

"They know me not just as football, but as a person", Johnson said.

Michael will enroll in January with four years of eligibility left and compete for the Owls starting quarterback position.

"The coaches did not promise me a starting position or anything; I just want to come in and get better every day", said Johnson.

Back to the top

BIG TIME GET
Back to the top

I have no idea how good he will be. I looked at the scouting report it said he must become a better passer and he was 4th string at PSU.

But I like that he said that he wasn’t guaranteed a starting spot. 

We’ve had too many “I wanna show the world what I’m capable of” type of recruits. Guys like Durante and Irvin come to mind. This is about the team.

It’s also a big relief that Taggart realizes you can’t win slinging underhand with Posey.

Taggart has his whole career and 10’s of millions of dollars on the line. Something tells me we’ll be fine at QB.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I have no idea how good he will be. I looked at the scouting report it said he must become a better passer and he was 4th string at PSU.

But I like that he said that he wasn’t guaranteed a starting spot. 

We’ve had too many “I wanna show the world what I’m capable of” type of recruits. Guys like Durante and Irvin come to mind. This is about the team.

It’s also a big relief that Taggart realizes you can’t win slinging underhand with Posey.

Taggart has his whole career and 10’s of millions of dollars on the line. Something tells me we’ll be fine at QB.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2020, 8:05 PM #399102

Eh he is gonna get his 10’s of millions from FSU no matter what lol
Back to the top

There’s 10’s of millions on the line as far as Taggart getting back to the P5. And with the FSU money true he’s no in a hurry he probably wants to be here for 4 years which what a coincidence is how long Jr. will be here.

I’m a little worried his scouting report said must become a better passer and a that he couldn’t climb up the depth chart. It doesn’t sound good. But if he can hit the side of a barn he’s 10 million times better than Posey.
Back to the top

Look, Posey wasn’t ideal this year but he’ll get better. If he just throws the ball like he did against FIU every game just complete over 60% of his throws, he’ll be fine with his elite running ability. Tronti might be the guy next year but maybe Posey comes into his own by his Junior year. 
Back to the top

MJJ SLINGING PIG SKIN IN PARADISE!!!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Posey has a terrible throwing motion. There was a pass against GSU he literally threw underhand to Chase. 

I think Taggart has moved on from Posey at QB. Posey has great running ability but the awareness is questionable and his fumbling problem is too bad to play him.

It’s obvious Taggart had moved on when Posey barely played against USM. He can’t throw. 

I’m just saying it’s possible to win with a 1 read QB. Hopefully our team will be good enough but it would’ve been nice to at least get a transfer with experience. 

I’m not saying Johnson Jr. is going to be a 1 read QB. But I think he will. What matters is his pocket awareness and when to run to avoid getting sacked. It says he’s athletic. Posey was terrible at making quick decisions on when to leave the pocket.

I’m not saying you can’t win with a 1 read QB. But things like knowing how to avoid sacks matter. And the team has to be really good too.
Back to the top

I would look at Johnson as our highschool QB commit.

There not much difference as he still has four years of eligibility left.

He can still be developed.
Back to the top

I mean we get a very highly rated 4 star QB coming here – no guarantees, but I'll take my chances lol.
Back to the top
Control functions: