Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Penn State WR John Dunmore Announces Transfer to FAU

Add topic

Hopefully he will be good and I’d love to be wrong.

But the story didn’t end at him being one of the best receivers in the country. He couldn’t work his way up the depth chart at PSU.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

Local Owl said

No doubt  you develop the new kids . But these guys already know college football. . If available and if they can fill a void , bring them in. And as delta  suggested,  I treat transfers with cautious optimism.  I hope for all involved that they make an impact.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 7:42 PM #399141

Some of these kids may not make an impact right away but some are young. Dmarcus adams, and the wr from kentucky are all sophmores or below. Lots of opportunity for development.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 8:16 PM #399142

I am not really talking about those guys. They still have time. I am speaking more about Kyle Davis, Chris Carter's etc
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

1OwlFLATL said

Local Owl said

No doubt  you develop the new kids . But these guys already know college football. . If available and if they can fill a void , bring them in. And as delta  suggested,  I treat transfers with cautious optimism.  I hope for all involved that they make an impact.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 7:42 PM #399141

Some of these kids may not make an impact right away but some are young. Dmarcus adams, and the wr from kentucky are all sophmores or below. Lots of opportunity for development.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 8:16 PM #399142

To add to this, Adams did not even get his wavier to the right before the season.

During camp they had to get the guys they thought were going to play the most reps.

When Javon Durante was here, he had a full season sitting out learning the offense every day working with Chris before playing.

As I have pointed out from the 2017,2018, and 2019 classes under Lane, only two WR's played in 2020- Wright and Merrell.

Dunmore has 3-4 years left and can be developed like any high school player.

Except he was was one of the most talented revivers in the country.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 9:04 PM #399145

This gives you an example of dunmore’s talent level.

Back to the top

Dumore has a .9469 composite on 247.

Scratching my head at anyone who has ever made our roster that has been rated higher.

Robison was .9272, and think that was the best prior.
Back to the top

Back to the top

BJ Emmons was definitely north of that composite and I’m sure there is a couple more. Not to take away from Dunmore, he looks legit, but I’m really enjoying this recruiting thought exercise.
Back to the top

This signing period is the beginning of a run of winning years for fau  and FAU fans. Two  weeks ago I had lost my confidence a bit. I'm now excited again. Coach t did what he needed to do to help us forget the other qb that decomitted. Great job to the staff and to the staff of FAU  owls nest. You guys have gotten better every year. Nice to see the way you work with the university while keeping us informed.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

Go welcome our newest 4* WR…

BREAKING: Penn State WR John Dunmore Announces Transfer to FAU - FAU Owl's Nest
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 6:45 PM #399133

Nice pick up! Love to see talent brought into the program like this. But I am going to hold up some enthusiasm just due to the fact so many power 5 transfers have never seen the field or didn’t live up to expectations. But hopefully this one does! 
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 6:49 PM #399134
A lot of those guys -like many of Lane's acquisitions- had issues off the field.

The transfer portal used to be filled with guys that had those issues, but now has guys just looking for better situations.

Any mid-level three-star has just as much of a chance of not working out then a tranfer.
Back to the top

As Shane said earlier, getting transfers like Adams, Dunmore and Johnson Jr. is just like getting High School recruits since they have four year of eligibility and really can not be judged by what they did at Penn State or FSU. These players are more like signees than transfers.
Back to the top

Also we are getting Greene who has all of his eligibility still, he should be able to develop into one of the best LB’s in the CUSA in no time
Back to the top
Control functions: