Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2020: Montgomery Bowl FAU vs Memphis

We have made it to the end of the season for 2020! The last couple games I know have left sour tastes in our mouth. I have been pretty negative with my predictions most of the year, but I do feel pretty decent about FAU at the minimum playing a tight game into the 4th quarter. I believe we will see a much better effort from our defense. They were beat up against USM, and I like my chances with Leavitt getting some time to game plan for 9/10 days against Memphis. You could also argue Memphis is not as good as their record this year. They do not have a good defense, and hopefully FAU will be able to take advantage of that some on Wednesday. The offense did look better against USM so there is some hope. Hopefully we can get back a couple of our RB's for the game as well! Computer projections have this game being about 6-8 point win for Memphis.

FAU will lose but covers the spread

Memphis 27
FAU 23

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

We have made it to the end of the season for 2020! The last couple games I know have left sour tastes in our mouth. I have been pretty negative with my predictions most of the year, but I do feel pretty decent about FAU at the minimum playing a tight game into the 4th quarter. I believe we will see a much better effort from our defense. They were beat up against USM, and I like my chances with Leavitt getting some time to game plan for 9/10 days against Memphis. You could also argue Memphis is not as good as their record this year. They do not have a good defense, and hopefully FAU will be able to take advantage of that some on Wednesday. The offense did look better against USM so there is some hope. Hopefully we can get back a couple of our RB's for the game as well! Computer projections have this game being about 6-8 point win for Memphis.

FAU will lose but covers the spread

Memphis 27
FAU 23

Posted On: Dec 21st 2020, 11:17 AM #399240

I agree. We had two choices we could have tucked our tail and quit like many other teams (FSU). Our young guys are getting good reps. We also get another game to assess our team and what does not fit. I am thankful the kids and coaches didnt throw in the towel. 
Back to the top

As to getting back a couple of our RB, with Emmons and Davidson out it will fall on the shoulders of James Charles again.
Back to the top

We're not tired, we've game planned, and we are ready to shock the world and win a football game after dropping two in a row in disheartening fashion.

Leavitt riverboat gambles his way to five sacks, the Owls get a pick, and Taggart injects a couple trick plays into the offense.

Nailbiter…

FAU 28 Memphis 27
Back to the top

Love it Rick but I disagree. We’ve taken advantage of a soft schedule most of the year and Memphis is going to be the most talented team we face all year. I think it gets ugly pretty quickly 45-10 Memphis creams us. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Love it Rick but I disagree. We’ve taken advantage of a soft schedule most of the year and Memphis is going to be the most talented team we face all year. I think it gets ugly pretty quickly 45-10 Memphis creams us. 
Posted On: Dec 21st 2020, 7:33 PM #399255

We lose by 30+. Good news we finish with a winning record. Bad, could be the last for a few years….
Back to the top

:Laughing:

We'll circle back to this after the game's over…

Three things play into our hand:

REST

Time to PREPARE

A better match-up from the run game perspective

The only thing that could be our Achilles heal is their passing attack.

That can go either way, feast for famine, but I have faith in Leavitt with nearly two weeks to figure out how to deal with the risk.

All this said, if we lose by 25-30, heads need to roll.

Go Owls!

Back to the top

I dont know what to think about this game.

Memphis has been up and down all season.  They scored 50 against UCF, they scored 10 against Navy.

I dont know if our defense is better than UCF's or not.  We have played a lot of teams that were so bad they couldn't take advantage of wide open receivers down field.  I have a feeling our CB's are not very good, we just hadn't really played many teams that were able to expose them.  Memphis might not have that problem.

Will come down to if we can keep them under 24.  I just cant get my head wrapped around our offense scoring more than 27 points…and that is generous.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Memphis has threats that will force our D to not fill the box.  Advantage Memphis. On offense,  we can't throw the ball. Tigers will fill the box and will stuff the run.  Advantage Memphis. I love Charles.  He is as tough as they come. He will be our bright spot. Not because of success, but because of effort. My guess, 45- 14 Memphis.  
Back to the top

I think we have overestimated how talented this team is.

From all the losses before and during the season, we are hardly a shell of the team from last year.

Anytime you face a team with an elite college QB, the chance of getting your doors blown off is there.

Idk that rolling heads with fix those issues.

Like I pointed out on the pod this game come down to the play of Zyon and Mungin (if he plays) and their ability to win one on one battles.

The offense should be able to grind there a way to 28-35 points

If they can't no defensive coach in the country canfix that.

Nick Saban is considered one of the best defensive minds in the and Florida just threw up 45.

Good offense beats good defense 10/10 times. The rules are just set up that way.
Back to the top
Control functions: