Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Inside the Burrow 2020 Ep 21: Montgomery Bowl Preview

Dan, Jack and Shane dive into the Owls' fifth Bowl appearance, and second against the Memphis Tigers. Go Owls!

Read more

I don’t understand why you think the playoff is unfair?

Cincinnati could’ve scheduled games at teams like Alabama and Ohio State. They didn’t because they wanted to fraud their way into the NY6 bowl.

These teams like UCF and Cincinnati are purposely avoiding road games at Alabama that if they won could’ve gotten them into the playoff. 

They avoid those road games because if they lost it would jeopardize their chances of a NY6 bowl.

We have a chance to maybe be an attractive team to make the P5 one day. Complaining gets you nowhere.

This is in Cincinnati for not scheduling great teams. They and UCF know exactly what they’re doing and they don’t belong in the playoff until they knock off an Alabama in the regular season.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I don’t understand why you think the playoff is unfair?

Cincinnati could’ve scheduled games at teams like Alabama and Ohio State. They didn’t because they wanted to fraud their way into the NY6 bowl.

These teams like UCF and Cincinnati are purposely avoiding road games at Alabama that if they won could’ve gotten them into the playoff. 

They avoid those road games because if they lost it would jeopardize their chances of a NY6 bowl.

We have a chance to maybe be an attractive team to make the P5 one day. Complaining gets you nowhere.

This is in Cincinnati for not scheduling great teams. They and UCF know exactly what they’re doing and they don’t belong in the playoff until they knock off an Alabama in the regular season.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2020, 2:00 PM #399244

Cincy has played OSU many times. I am not doing 10 posts back a fourth, with you claiming you know who is avoiding who. You do not know how scheduling works, what really happens behind the scenes, and how unrealistic to do what you're describing is.

Maybe I can explain it to you in person one day to. College football is the only game not settled on the field—end of story.

We do not start the NCAA tourney with 4 number one seeds. I hope Costal and Cincy claim titles and make a mockery of the "playoff.'' And for what feels like the millionth time, P5 conferences add based on money. It's time G5 schools fight back and force more parity in this sport.
Back to the top

I’ll say this. Cincinnati or Coastal Carolina would get absolutely creamed by any of the 4 playoff teams. Do I have proof maybe not. But that’s enough for me to know that this playoff stuff is ridiculous. 

The only way these teams would earn my respect is to play at an Alabama.

I’m pretty sure that Alabama would take a one time home game against a team like Cincinnati.

If Cincinnati had beaten UCF 59-3 maybe I’d think a tad differently.
Back to the top

Alabama is a freak of nature, as usual.

That said, Notre Lame is in the CFP and that is arguably a joke, as well as Ohio State, which is another joke.

Would love to see Cinncy take on either of them.
Back to the top

There’s a chance Cincinnati could maybe beat Notre Dame and keep Ohio State within 20. But they’d get hammered by Alabama or Clemson. 

I’m supposed to believe Maryland was the best P5 team that would’ve played UCF in 2017? They’re avoiding good teams to get to NY6 bowls. That’s what his brother is doing here now. 

It doesn’t take a genius to figure this out. And it’s not complicated either. 

What’s the point anyways if they’re going to lose to Alabama by 50 points? It’s not like these G5 teams have any shot at winning the National Championship. 

The only way a G5 team could have a chance is if they had an amazing QB and a few other sure fire NFL all pros. And they’d need to actually schedule a good team in the regular season.
Back to the top

@jgf, I don't agree with a lot of your posts but I would love to give cinncy  the chance to play ND . An emotional team vs a bit more talented team. I think it would be a good one. I will be watching the Boca Bowl manana.
Back to the top

Whats really effed up is all the SEC cellar dwellers getting bowl games while Army at 9-2 having to scramble to get a game.
Back to the top

I disagree with the narrative of teams being scared to schedule the big boys, Like OC explained; we don't know what happens behind the scenes. I don't care how the schedule unfolds; if you win your conference; you should be able to represent it in a playoff system. Yes, maybe Alabama and Clemson will meet at the end but you gotta give the chance to all teams to make it there.
Ohio State in the playoff is a JOKE.
Back to the top

There needs to be changes in who gets to the NY6 bowl. Because now G5 teams like Cincinnati are all scared to schedule road games against great teams because they’re worried a loss will knock them out of the NY6 bowl.

Why is there even a debate about this being complicated? If UCF wanted to play at Alabama they would take it in a heartbeat to give UCF a monumental beat down. 

There needs to be maybe a strength of schedule formula in deciding which G5 team makes the NY6. Right now they’re all scared to play good P5 teams. Poll voters need to award G5 teams who will take the chance at playing road games at a team like Alabama.  

Now they’re avoiding them and trying to get media exposure. Then they claim they’re being left out of the playoff. That’s pretty gutless and it’s like they’re all publicity hungry.
Back to the top
Control functions: