Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Seniors Coming Back & the NFL Draft

When will we know which FAU Seniors are invited back next year for the extra year of NCAA eligibility?
Although it is exciting to hear some of the names that may come back, other C-USA teams will have the same opportunity and could bring back there better Seniors as well who will also be that much better with a year of playing.
Could next season look just like this one or will our younger players develop more than other teams younger players?
Back to the top

Boynton Beach Fan said

When will we know which FAU Seniors are invited back next year for the extra year of NCAA eligibility?
Although it is exciting to hear some of the names that may come back, other C-USA teams will have the same opportunity and could bring back there better Seniors as well who will also be that much better with a year of playing.
Could next season look just like this one or will our younger players develop more than other teams younger players?
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 7:29 AM #399645

I know Shane mentioned in past posts he expects most if not all Seniors to be invited back to help fill out roster holes.
Back to the top

CUSA pulled an O-fer, even against many SunBelt teams! PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Through this bowls season, I watched and just shook  my head. The arms and ability of some of these young qb's is just amazing. How could lane settle for mediocre  when he was lane kiffin. Our qb room should be full of arms.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 8:18 AM #399646

I didnt find one QB that I said our QBs are better than definitively. Watching malik wills from liberty run that zone read was a thing od beauty at times. Coach taggart said we have to get stronger almost every team we played had a size advantage against us. I would also say we need to get better Qb play as well. 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Through this bowls season, I watched and just shook  my head. The arms and ability of some of these young qb's is just amazing. How could lane settle for mediocre  when he was lane kiffin. Our qb room should be full of arms.

Littlejohn is the only "QB" recruit I can remember (?) in his tenure and he doesn't even play the position anymore.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Local Owl said

Littlejohn is the only "QB" recruit I can remember (?) in his tenure and he doesn't even play the position anymore.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 10:44 AM #399651

Flat out Lane didn’t find a QB other than Robison. It was littlejohn and Posey. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Boynton Beach Fan said

I know Shane mentioned in past posts he expects most if not all Seniors to be invited back to help fill out roster holes.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 9:16 AM #399647

I would count on James Charles and rotational pieces back but I expect Zyon Gilbert, BJ Emmons, Leighton McCarthy, Caliph Brice and Ahmad Ross will all try to take a shot at the NFL. Just a hunch but some of those seniors sort of seemed out of playing for the coaching staff towards the end of the season and with good reason.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

DeltAlumnus said

Boynton Beach Fan said

I would count on James Charles and rotational pieces back but I expect Zyon Gilbert, BJ Emmons, Leighton McCarthy, Caliph Brice and Ahmad Ross will all try to take a shot at the NFL. Just a hunch but some of those seniors sort of seemed out of playing for the coaching staff towards the end of the season and with good reason.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 10:51 AM #399653

Leighton isn’t big enough for the NFL. Brice and Ross need more film and game action to be honest. Zyon I don’t think had his best year. His versatility I am  sure will appeal to the NFL being able to play safety and corner. He could probably use another year, but I wouldn’t blame him for declaring Either. Emmons should go to the NFL. He is already older, and RB’s have such short shelf lives in the NFL he shouldn’t spend another year in college.

I know taggart said zyon and one other player was considering to declare. I’d imagine it’s Emmons, but who knows. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

LawOwl said

DeltAlumnus said

Boynton Beach Fan said

Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 10:51 AM #399653

Leighton isn’t big enough for the NFL. Brice and Ross need more film and game action to be honest. Zyon I don’t think had his best year. His versatility I am  sure will appeal to the NFL being able to play safety and corner. He could probably use another year, but I wouldn’t blame him for declaring Either. Emmons should go to the NFL. He is already older, and RB’s have such short shelf lives in the NFL he shouldn’t spend another year in college.

I know taggart said zyon and one other player was considering to declare. I’d imagine it’s Emmons, but who knows. 
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 10:56 AM #399654

I think zyon should stay but I understand if he goes. Emmons should go he is always injured. Ahman ross, caliph brice, and mccarthy im not sure they would rank high on nfl draft boards just yet:
Back to the top

Imho, those name will not be drafted.
Back to the top
Control functions: