Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

jgf2017 Thread: Taggart Jr & No Transfer QB

By saying you think you are saying there is not fact in the statement meaning you do not know what plans Taggart has for his son in the future.

I agree that we probably do not get another QB this cycle. Without checking i doubt we have that many spots open for this cycle. I will say the option of a walkon however is open. Maybe a QB who was a started but either go injured or was passed by a slightly more talented younger QB bets on himself and comes to FAU i am not going to rule that out just yet.

There is NO WAY you actually know what Taggart wants to do with his son by his senior year not even Taggart is worried that far into the future.

Taggart can improve as a passer in the future i am not ruling that out. He was a true freshman he can learn how to be a better QB with some coaching. My main concern with him is he needs to gain some weight seems small compared to some of the lineman tackling him.  Depending on who the new QB coach is and  how well the strength and conditioning goes for Jr i doubt we will be bringing up the fact he under threw a receiver his frehman year.
Back to the top

Taggart Jr.’s under throw made me think he can’t throw for 25 yards with velocity.

At this point it’s clear that Jr. was too skinny and out of shape to be playing. His 2 catches for 14 yards on around 10 targets, 1 yard per carry average on 7 carries and 0-2 passing show that he was only playing because he is the coach’s son.

The big thing here is that players got mad at Taggart for playing his son over better players. He had his son play QB and WR Which really was pretty surprising. 

Of course there’s people like OC who think everyone on The Memphis offense was better than our offense. But I think the personnel was there once the transfers got benched.

The players didn’t respect Taggart. Charles was telling Taggart to give him the ball on 4th down. 

Perhaps the offense did not play well because the players were mad at Taggart for playing his son. There’s also the questionable play calling in my opinion.

The players were mad at Taggart for playing his son. His son is the skinniest and out of shape player I’ve ever seen play FBS football. What a coincidence it’s the coach’s son.

I do think Taggart can succeed, but he wasn’t thinking about his players when he decided to put Jr. in so much.
Back to the top

We at the Owls Nest work hard and build relationships with those within FAU athletics.

Rick and our team do our best to drop those tidbits of information that inform our readers without breaking trust.

We have tried to tell you they are in the market for another QB, but you do not want to listen.

I am also telling you there is virtually no disdane for Taggart.

The culture is one of the strongest things in this program right now.

FAU has not has had a single player who played a snap last year enter the portal.

This is not to say FAU will not have a couple with players looking for more playing time in the coming weeks or after spring, but teams like GSU have had seven and USF over 20 now!

Most seniors are choosing to return. Why do you think that is?

No one is offended on this forum by you, but just tired of taking the information we provide, doing nothing with it, and then post dozens of times with your own conspiracy theories non stop.

Back to the top

Well said Shane!
Looking forward to Spring Practice and more players from the Transfer Portal.
Back to the top

If players don’t like Taggart because of Jr. they’re not going to tell the press. They’re more likely to tell friends and then rumors start that way. It’s not hard to understand why players might be mad.

But I think it can be fixed and hopefully this won’t effect the team going forward. One way to do that is to never play Jr. again.

About the transfer QB situation. I believe you guys that Taggart is looking for a transfer to start in 2021. But if that happens Johnson Jr. will be behind Taggart Jr. on the depth chart.

Taggart isn’t bringing in multiple QB’s to push Taggart Jr. down the depth chart. Considering his son can’t even throw 25 yards with air under it it’s a joke. 

As far as people not liking me here I think it’s gotten blown way out of proportion these 3-5 people complaining about it. I’ve been trying to mention to Rick that probably over 99% of people who come here don’t have a problem with me. I’m not sure why Rick always takes sides with these people who complain. Perhaps the flooding there’s a point but to threaten deleting my account is just unreal. But the same people like in all probability people like Local Owl and Deltalumnus have complained about other things, like me criticizing players or getting into arguments. There’s been arguments here that if I was in I probably would’ve gotten banned. It’s still shocking that I’m supposedly close to being banned because of 3-5 people who don’t like me personally. I don’t think it’s clear what kind of things are deemed appropriate or inappropriate here as compared to other forums like one down south for example. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

If players don’t like Taggart because of Jr. they’re not going to tell the press. They’re more likely to tell friends and then rumors start that way. It’s not hard to understand why players might be mad.

But I think it can be fixed and hopefully this won’t effect the team going forward. One way to do that is to never play Jr. again.

About the transfer QB situation. I believe you guys that Taggart is looking for a transfer to start in 2021. But if that happens Johnson Jr. will be behind Taggart Jr. on the depth chart.

Taggart isn’t bringing in multiple QB’s to push Taggart Jr. down the depth chart. Considering his son can’t even throw 25 yards with air under it it’s a joke. 

As far as people not liking me here I think it’s gotten blown way out of proportion these 3-5 people complaining about it. I’ve been trying to mention to Rick that probably over 99% of people who come here don’t have a problem with me. I’m not sure why Rick always takes sides with these people who complain. Perhaps the flooding there’s a point but to threaten deleting my account is just unreal. But the same people like in all probability people like Local Owl and Deltalumnus have complained about other things, like me criticizing players or getting into arguments. There’s been arguments here that if I was in I probably would’ve gotten banned. It’s still shocking that I’m supposedly close to being banned because of 3-5 people who don’t like me personally. I don’t think it’s clear what kind of things are deemed appropriate or inappropriate here as compared to other forums like one down south for example. 
Posted On: Jan 8th 2021, 9:58 AM #399840

I’m literally at a Loss of words. Do you not understand it’s that you constantly repeat yourself. You don’t bring anything new to a conversation or debate. You aren’t Michael Scott and the Office that I can re-watch or Re-listen to the same thing for the 15th time in a row and find it amusing. 

You are totally disregarding the guys on the forum who have put in the time and have developed relationships with administration, players and the coaching staff to spew the repeated conspiracy theory you came up with in your head.

You do make good points at times, but you repeat non-sense time after time it gets old. I love that you support the program and are passionate. We need 100k more people like us. But you gotta understand it’s how you deliver the same point over and over. 
Back to the top

Yesterday you said you were done with this. Since then , you brought it up about four times. . Not a boy of your word. Delta and myself give our opinions. We don't post something and repeat it over and over and over again. You have the right to your opinion. We all know your opinion. Now for God's sake, please obsess about something else.
Back to the top

My point is, what if Local Owl and DeltAlumnus are a minority of less than 1% of people who visit here. 

What if 99% of people who come here don’t mind. In that case you guys in my opinion shouldn’t have any power in what happens. Why change things for maybe 3-5 people out of hundreds. And I’m doing this in my thread now not anywhere else.

By all means post in this thread I don’t care. Boynton Beach Fan is active in this thread and he wants me banned. I don’t have a problem. I don’t think you’re even a sizable minority of people who come here.
Back to the top

…Searching for popcorn 🍿 meme…
That's what most readers will do with these types of comments.

I'm only commenting to show sometimes people comment but most read arguments over theoretical situations as an argument.

Sure, It'll pass the time but if no new points are brought to light why not wait till signing day to say "See?! No other QB of any sort at all came in!"

Yes, it may be too late to affect change by that point but what change is being affected with repetition without any new information brought to light from that perspective?

Not trying to harsh any mellows.
Just curious what value consistent repetition brings. Only takes 3 times of repetition to sell something,  according to studies.

In any case, carry on and go owls!
Back to the top

I don’t know for a fact that players hate Taggart because of Jr. But what I do know is On 4th and goal from the 1 Charles told Taggart to give him the ball. After the weird play call was stuffed Tronti was visibly upset at the play call. 

These are things that happen if the players don’t respect Taggart at least the offense. I think the defense plays Hard because they love playing for Leavitt. But there are signs that the offensive players weren’t happy with play calls. And the fact they were visibly upset kind of shows they don’t respect Taggart. 

It’s a rumor that the players don’t like Taggart. But what if it’s true? I’m sticking up for the players while insiders like OC are acting like they know it’s not the case. Of course OC thinks every player on the Memphis offense was better than ours. I’m not exactly convinced the players tell him everything.

As for Taggart not getting 2 QB’s to be higher than his son on the depth chart that’s basically 100% certain at this point. And that’s what, a conspiracy theory?

There should’ve been multiple QB’s coming to compete for the starting job but it isn’t happening. Why are people disagreeing with me when it’s obvious there’s only going to be 1 QB brought in to compete for the starting job? Agner probably transferred because he saw how ridiculous it was Taggart Jr. was higher than him on the depth chart. I wouldn’t be surprised is Tronti transfers.

Back to the top