Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

DB/S Zyon Gilbert Announces 5th Year for FAU Football

The Owls got a BIG lift in secondary returners, as Senior Zyon Gilbert announced his decision to rerun for the Owls in 2021 tonight on social media.

Given the current status of this unit, this is not only a critical leadership lift, but solid play reinforcement as well in a much needed area.

It will also give him one more year of development as he looks to enter the draft afterwards.

GREAT news!

Go Owls! 👌
Back to the top

Rick said

The Owls got a BIG lift in secondary returners, as Senior Zyon Gilbert announced his decision to rerun for the Owls in 2021 tonight on social media.

Given the current status of this unit, this is not only a critical leadership lift, but solid play reinforcement as well in a much needed area.

It will also give him one more year of development as he looks to enter the draft afterwards.

GREAT news!

Go Owls! 👌
Posted On: Jan 7th 2021, 8:13 PM #399824

Huge and great news!
Back to the top

Really great news. He will be in a better position for next year's draft. Great decision
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Really great news. He will be in a better position for next year's draft. Great decision
Posted On: Jan 8th 2021, 5:36 AM #399832

This might be one of the biggest "accusations'' in a way this offseason.

The corner is not a deep position and this means at the very least FAU can roll into with both starters.

Zyon is one of those rare cases where another year could go a long way for him.

He has only played at the corner one year -the position I think fits him best at the next level- and will give himself time to developed there with a full offseason at the position.
Back to the top

I will say despite Zyon coming back corner is still has a big need for experience, do not be surprised if one is acquired through the portal.
Back to the top

Any idea when we’ll know who else is sticking around next year? I would love to get Ahman Ross and Leighton McCarthy back. Also returning the entire O-Line would be huge too
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Any idea when we’ll know who else is sticking around next year? I would love to get Ahman Ross and Leighton McCarthy back. Also returning the entire O-Line would be huge too
Posted On: Jan 8th 2021, 7:53 AM #399837

Ross was junior last year, so he will be back regardless.

McCarthey is playing in the Grid Iron College Showcase game, which I believe allows players to be scouted before making a decision on whether they want to enter that draft.

It gives players an idea if they should leave or need another year.
Back to the top

Shane. Let me clarify. By " better position " I  didn't mean a better position on the field. I meant he could prove himself on the field for another season which will enhance is NFL  draft position. After re reading my post , I wasn't clear
Back to the top
Control functions: