Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WEEKEND THREAD: FAU @ Old Dominion - January 8 & 9, 2021

Add topic

FINAL. Monarchs upend the Owls, 71-67.

With FAU down two, Mike Forrest turned the ball over with ten seconds remaining. Wow.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Shouldn't be too hard on Forrest. His three-pointer, while being fouled, put FAU back in the game in the first place.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020-21 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Owls fall to 5-5 on the season, kick starting C-USA play with a loss for the first time since the 2018-2019 campaign.

Quick Hits

• Jailyn Ingram scored a season-high 26 points, two shy of equalizing his career high set in 2018 vs. Bethune Cookman. Despite his strong showing, Ingram shot 0-3 FG in the final 8:40.

• BJ Greenlee made up for his poor Birthday performance vs. JMU, netting 13 points on 11 FG attempts.

• Kenan Blackshear started the game hot with back-to-back converted and-ones, but was held scoreless for the following 30 minutes. He did collect a game high 8 rebounds.

• Offensive Rebounds were not easy to come by for the Owls, who entered the contest ranked #18 in the nation along the offensive glass. ODU had 14 offensive boards compared to FAU's 10.

• Free Throws and blocks cost FAU the game. The Owls shot an abysmal 4-11 from the charity stripe while seeing 6 shots get blocked. If the Owls see those numbers improve by 50%, then they come away tonight as victors.

• Dusty May talked about Michael Forrest's late-game turnover on Ken LaVicka's postgame show. "We felt like the floor was broken, we had a guard rebound and push in," May explained. "We were trying to get Karlis (Silins) to come up to get a ball screen.. Mike saw a crease and attacked. I screamed a timeout but (the refs) said he had already slipped."

NEXT: The Owls will face ODU again. Tipoff is set for tomorrow, Saturday, at 7 PM.

Back to the top

No changes to the staring lineup.

Back to the top

JI is on pace for his third straight 20+ point game vs. ODU.

Back to the top

Ugly second part of the opening half for FAU. Currently at the 4:00 mark, the Owls are amidst at 4:30 scoring drought, having committed 9 turnovers in the last seven and a half minutes. FAU has 12 total turnovers so far this half.

Back to the top

Ugly end to the first half. Unbelievable bad. Fourteen turnovers in one half is a joke.

Back to the top

Worth noting that FAU has won every game where they've gone into the half with the lead.

Back to the top

CUSA refs are CUSA reffing.

Back to the top

Owls are shooting a solid 46% this half, but the Monarchs are already in the double bonus as the refs cannot help put to call everything in the book against the Owls despite FAU only having three free throws all game themselves.

Back to the top
Control functions: