Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WEEKEND THREAD: FAU @ Old Dominion - January 8 & 9, 2021

Add topic

I agree Rick.  When I watch college basketball the commentators  always say "this teams success rides on _______. Always one, maybe two key players. And they need to be consistent.
Back to the top

No to be cliché', but we do have two guys coming in next season that should be immediate contributors…one is a 6-5 transfer 2G from Bethune Cookman who was a MEAC All Freshman and shoots crazy good (45%) from long range…that will open up the inside game more…teams are always double teaming Silins right now…we signed a freshman forward who is a scorer…both of these guys can present some match-up advantages and will help against zone play, which is something else teams are doing to us right now since we can't shoot our way out of them.
Back to the top

The problem with this team is that no one that Dusty May has signed has taken the true next step in becoming a No. 2. It’s JI and then everyone else. 

At some point, you need one of those other guys to become a really solid and consistent starter. Michael Forrest is a disaster at the line and very inconsistent from the floor. Karlis Silins played better against ODU but he should be a double-double threat each week. 

I’m all in for baseball. Despite a lack of facilities, you always know what you’re getting with that team: 30+ wins, players breaking out regardless of who they are, and a team that fights every night. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Rick and Jake hit it right on the head. JI can only do so much. Need a more established, confident, and most important… CONSISTENT guard to help him.

As for what steps the program needs to progress to the next level, it all begins with facilities. Look at what the likes of ODU, Charlotte, and WKU have and compare it to our arena and training facilities. We're getting slaughtered in that sense.

All of that being said, these players deserve our support. The freshman class has some very skillful players. JI will go down as one of the greatest players in program history. Even for a time that is struggling, they bring a level of energy that shows that they're trying their hardest and are proud to represent the university. That alone is reason enough to support these student athletes, and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: