Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Safeties Lance Guidry Could be Joining Marshall's Staff

It was reported today via Football Scoop, Owls' safeties coach Lance Guidry is the leading candidate for Marshall's defensive coordinator position under new head coach Charles Huff.

FAU is Guidry's second stop with head coach Willie Taggart, as he was the defensive coordinator in 2011 and 2012 at Western Kentucky.

Guidry would be a big loss to the Owls' defensive coaching room; the Owls defense only allowed 187.7 yards a game, which ranked 16th best in the country.

If Guidry were to depart officially, expect a hire to come well before the February 3rd National Signing Day.

Back to the top

Congrats to him. I know its a promotion, but can you imagine yoir work site going from Boca Raton tp hunnington wv.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Congrats to him. I know its a promotion, but can you imagine yoir work site going from Boca Raton tp hunnington wv.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 5:12 AM #400100

I talked to an ACC coach at a high school game a couple of years ago, and he had a stop in Boise.

The coach explained that where you coach does not really matter location wise.

They work 100 hour weeks for most of the year, so not much time for happy hour in Mizner.

Many college assistants do not even bring their families to most stop as they know it will only be a year or two they are at a location.

Back to the top

Lance Guidry has officially taken the job at Marshall.

Big loss for FAU and will only add to the rivalry between the schools.

Back to the top

Good luck to coach Guidry!
Back to the top
Control functions: