Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Charlotte - January 22 & 23, 2021

Add topic

KENAN BLACKSHEAR PUNISHES THE RIM LIKE IT WAS TALKING BAD ABOUT HIS MOMMA!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FINAL. Charlotte beats FAU in a foul littered contest, 74-71.

Back to the top

Well, we definitely made them "earn" it.

Back to the top

FAU sees their three-game win streak fall after Charlotte upends the Owls 74-71.

Here are the Quick Hits from tonight's free throw tournament masked as a basketball game.

Quick Hits

• Jailyn Ingram left midway through the first half with an injury in his left leg. During the postgame presser, Acting Head Coach Akeem Miskdeen said the program's top scorer and rebounder was already receiving treatment and "he will probably get some treatment tomorrow, so we will know more then. Hopefully he is alright." Ingram has had multiple lower half injuries over his FAU career, including an ACL tear two years ago.

• Offensive Rebounds were dominated by FAU 12-4, but that only yielded in ten second-chance points for the Owls. Six of those points came with less than five minutes remaining in the contest. Miskdeen said the Owls' ten second-chance points and one first half offensive rebound were unacceptable. a

• A Whistle Competition came with the price of admittance to tonight's basketball game. After a different refereeing crew swallowed their whistles last night, a total of 48 fouls were called tonight. Most of calls went in Charlotte's favor. The 49ers went 34-42 from the charity stripe.

• Despite the Frustration that the inconsistent officiating between the two crews must have caused, Miskdeen calmly explained why it should not matter when saying, "We tell our guys there is no complaining room, we just play. We actually give our guys technical fouls at practice if they complain about calls." He laughed as he said the calls the coaches dish at practice are worse than what was called tonight, "so the players should be used to it."

• Three Point Struggles doomed FAU in their comeback bid. Owls shot below their season average of 39% from three, going 5-20 from the arc tonight. No Owl converted multiple three-point attempts, although true freshman Elijah Martin shot a team-high 50% from three. He was also the only FAU player to shoot above 50%, going 3-5 from the field.

• Karlis Silins had another strong outing scoring a team-high 17 points, nine of which coming from the free throw line. The Latvian also collected a game-high eight rebounds, setting a new personal season mark in the process. When asked if he needs to start paying rent for living at the free throw line, Silins laughed as he said that his type of aggressive play naturally creates foul opportunities.

NEXT: FAU will travel to Huntington, West Virginia for a two-game set against Marshall. Game one comes Friday, January 29, with the opening top set for 6 p.m.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020-21 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top
Control functions: