Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* WR Mason Starling Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2021

Add topic

Mason Starling
WR
6-4, 185
College of San Mateo
Seattle, WA

Offered by the Owls on April 20th. Chose the Owls over Arizona, Utah State, Colorado State, UTSA, and many others.

Starling had a relationship going back to high school with Owls defensive analyst Joey Thomas.

Like recent FAU commit Shedeur Sanders, being able to play for a black head coach was also an important part of his decision.

Starling had over 441 yards and six touchdowns despite missing five games last year for San Mateo Community College.

Updated Class Listing
Back to the top

Another one from the west coast for FAU.

This makes 25 for the Owls it will be interesting how they move forward from here.
Back to the top

Please slow down. I can't handle this. Unfortunately , we may need to start culling  the field.  Man, that is quite different them years passed. We have more players then scholarships. Wow.
Back to the top

2022 we will only be recruiting OL, dl,  and LB's.  We will be loaded everywhere else.
Back to the top

FAU has backed off in this relationship, and as it stands it's mutual.

Accordingly, we are removing him from the list of 2021 national signing day considerations.
Back to the top

So at this point, at least Edrine is on campus. Is there any update on Hester?

I’m already concerned about the receivers. Schabert and Starling would have at least been added Day 1 bodies. 

Kobe Stewart is here, which is great. The second-year transfers — Alexander, Adams, and Young — need to bring something to the offense. It can’t be the TJ Chase show and that’s it. (I like Wester’s potential but he can’t be just a jet sweep/flip guy.)

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

We have more than enough receivers, you forgot about Mitchell and Yanez
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

We have more than enough receivers, you forgot about Mitchell and Yanez
Posted On: Jan 24th 2021, 10:43 AM #400173

And you forget that Yanez ended last year playing DB. Mitchell is coming off a torn ACL. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

14 listed players listed on the roster as WR plus whatever Willie might get in the portal with Dunmore not being with the team, I think we will be fine
Back to the top

The biggest part of the puzzle will be finding the right guy to stand behind the center. None of it will be easy until we have that issue solidified.
Back to the top
Control functions: