Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Offensive Line Talk

Does anyone have any opinions on our right tackle play in 2019? 
Back to the top

I think it was Marquice Robinson and he did great in 2019. He moved to LT for 2020. 

Back to the top

With FSU center Andrew Boselli transferring in, does anyone think that Nick Weber may return to his natural Right Guard position he began playing when he arrived?
Back to the top

I think the coaches will make that decision once the competition starts. The best player will play.
Back to the top

The lack of a continual S&C program in my opinion hurt the offensive line the most. By the end of the seasons under Kiffin the OL was a machine.

I do think our S&C can be comparable to what it was under Kiffin. Also guys like Davidson just didn’t look in great shape when he was in. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

The lack of a continual S&C program in my opinion hurt the offensive line the most. By the end of the seasons under Kiffin the OL was a machine.

I do think our S&C can be comparable to what it was under Kiffin. Also guys like Davidson just didn’t look in great shape when he was in. 
Posted On: Jan 25th 2021, 1:49 PM #400187

Our current S&C coach is one of the best young ones in college football without a doubt right now.

Just because he is not doing crazy stuff on the sideline doesn't mean he does not put together a good strength program.

Just remember teams only had like a month of any real strength programing last season.

Back to the top

Last year was a cluster. Let's start fresh this spring with new competition at key positions. I'm still waiting for good news about my favorite defensive player. Keke.
Back to the top

I believe in our young S&C coach. I think there was a huge change in 2017. It wasn’t just Love I remember hearing all sorts of new things happening with the S&C. It was the Alabama way. 

When I first noticed our S&C was out of this world was that WKU game when we came back and won going away in 2017. Beating a really good Marshall team was another sign. And of course trouncing North Texas and Akron.

I remember watching the teams doing pre game warmups when we beat North Texas in the championship games. And I kind of could tell the North Texas players knew we were going to crush them.

Then of course 2019 and the S&C hitting on all cylinders as the season progressed.

One sign of a great S&C program is when there’s a really good pass protecting offensive line. That was on display in 2019.

I think by far the main reason Kiffin succeeded here was because of the S&C program. The team looked in amazing shape as the 2017 season progressed and stayed that way. Kiffin is a great offensive mind but it was brute strength of the players making the difference.

A lot of times people think guys are bad coaches like Frost at Nebraska for example. But if he’s at a disadvantage S&C wise it makes a big difference. 
Back to the top
Control functions: