Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Special teams

I see coach woordie is going after gold from Deerfield. This is so important to success. Special teams is a huge part of great teams.  We MUST find our future punter and more importantly a future kicker. Find the guy you want and stay after him. I'm tired of questioning going for three when it should be a given. We can get all the top skill guys we want, but special teams is huge.  
Back to the top

So far in our history has always been a well spent scholly…

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I see coach woordie is going after gold from Deerfield. This is so important to success. Special teams is a huge part of great teams.  We MUST find our future punter and more importantly a future kicker. Find the guy you want and stay after him. I'm tired of questioning going for three when it should be a given. We can get all the top skill guys we want, but special teams is huge.  
Posted On: Jan 26th 2021, 5:35 PM #400193

Never use a 25 man recruiting spot on a kicker/punter unless you’re desperate.
Every kicker I know is “number one rated” according to some camp or system.

Kickers are hit or miss, you bring in 2 walk ons every year and when you hit one you scholarship them.

3/4 of college kickers last year were below 75 percent.

I remember listening to the Dolphins Sp.Teams coach talk about drafting Jason Sanders a few years ago.
Sanders has been excellent in the NFL, but was only 6/11 he senior year.
Fans were baffled he was drafted in the 7th round.
The coach explained in college holders, snappers, blocking is all wayyyy behind the NFL and the variables are carzy. 

Rivas was 8/10 last year, which you will take running away.
He has made major improvements the last two seasons.

The last kicker FAU recruited and scholarship out of high school was Landon Scheer and I am pretty sure he never attempted a kick.

Back to the top

I remember signing scheer.  One scholly flushed. I'm not a head coach. But I know kickers can win games.
Back to the top
Control functions: