Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Leavitt leaving for SMU

NJOWL said

Defense is immensely talented. It’s more about these players than it is the coach. They’ve performed great the past few years under different DCs.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 1:47 PM #400230

Yea it just sucks. When was the last time we had a DC for 2 straight years? I felt good about Leavitt staying another year. All the faith in the world in Willie to make a good hire/promote
Back to the top

owlmart said

NJOWL said

Defense is immensely talented. It’s more about these players than it is the coach. They’ve performed great the past few years under different DCs.

Yea it just sucks. When was the last time we had a DC for 2 straight years? I felt good about Leavitt staying another year. All the faith in the world in Willie to make a good hire/promote
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 2:16 PM #400235

Roc was the last two year DC.
Back to the top

Time for coach Patrick to get a shot.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Time for coach Patrick to get a shot.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 2:26 PM #400238

I agree! 
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

owlmart said

NJOWL said

Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 2:16 PM #400235

Roc was the last two year DC.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 2:18 PM #400236

I completely forgot he somehow made it two years. 
Back to the top

The S&C and talent being the best in the conference is the reason why 3 of our last 4 defensive coordinators have been successful. It’s irrelevant Leavitt leaving. That’s why Taggart will succeed here. The S&C is everything.

What is upsetting is coaches leaving for other G5 teams. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

The S&C and talent being the best in the conference is the reason why 3 of our last 4 defensive coordinators have been successful. It’s irrelevant Leavitt leaving. That’s why Taggart will succeed here. The S&C is everything.

What is upsetting is coaches leaving for other G5 teams. 
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 5:24 PM #400264

All G5 schools are not equal as all P5 schools are not equal. Alabama is in the same conference as Vandy. UCF pays their defensive coordinator a million a year. He makes more than our head coach. These coaches are feeding their families and money is one driver. But also career success. Kendal briles left here and went to houston another g5 now he is in the P5. Its easier to get to p5 jobs from the AAC than conference usa. Quite frankly easier in the sun belt too!
Back to the top

It's nothing personal, just business
Back to the top

I mean we already have a previous DC on staff….. Had a really good defense too!

Back to the top

Great players, which we have now can make any DC look good.
Often in any work place the department head is only as good as the support staff under them.
In this case the assistants to the DC.
We have the pieces in place, with many players returning.
Raymond Woodie or Kevin Patrick would be great choices to bring continuity to the defense.
This is not the first time Willie has had to deal with this type of thing and it will not be the last.
Back to the top
Control functions: