Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mike Stoops to FAU Football as New DC

Mike stoops the new DC. Thats a big time hire! 

Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:31 PM #400283

I feel a little better now
Back to the top

Good hire. I’m a little surprised Taggart didn’t hire someone he’s worked with before since that has been his mantra since coming here. Stoops inherits a very talented defense. Just need the offense to resemble something competent. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

1OwlFLATL said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:38 PM #400284

Ppl have this angst about the staff. But look at the resumes ppl dont like the OC michael johnson but look at his resume. We will be fine we were getting coaches like carl pellini. Let coach taggart work. Everybody is nervous all coaches are a gamble but go look what he built at USF and some of the coaches. I am staying positive and letting it play out. If he doesnt win a cusa title in 4 years he probably gets fired but he only makes 750k we all need to hope it works. I saw jeff scott makes 1.8 million at USF a year and they won 1 game. We need this hire to work we dont have big money for coaches.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

DeltAlumnus said

1OwlFLATL said

Ppl have this angst about the staff. But look at the resumes ppl dont like the OC michael johnson but look at his resume. We will be fine we were getting coaches like carl pellini. Let coach taggart work. Everybody is nervous all coaches are a gamble but go look what he built at USF and some of the coaches. I am staying positive and letting it play out. If he doesnt win a cusa title in 4 years he probably gets fired but he only makes 750k we all need to hope it works. I saw jeff scott makes 1.8 million at USF a year and they won 1 game. We need this hire to work we dont have big money for coaches.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:43 PM #400286

We didnt "get" Carl Pellini we passed over coaches like Joe Moglia and Jeff Brohm to get Pelini. Yes our AD was THAT bad.
Back to the top

This is about as good as a hire we could have asked for.
Back to the top

voss749 said

1OwlFLATL said

DeltAlumnus said

1OwlFLATL said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:43 PM #400286

We didnt "get" Carl Pellini we passed over coaches like Joe Moglia and Jeff Brohm to get Pelini. Yes our AD was THAT bad.

Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:50 PM #400287

I dont know the ins and outs of the negotiation and money structure but we ended up with pelini. We have had one of the better staffs we have ever had here. Kevin patrick was our dline coach last year I mean cmon. We will be fine! 
Back to the top

Great hire by Willie and another opportunity to put a name coach out there to draw attention and recruits.
We may just have to get used to coaches coming and going until we have the resources to keep them.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

Great hire by Willie and another opportunity to put a name coach out there to draw attention and recruits.
We may just have to get used to coaches coming and going until we have the resources to keep them.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:56 PM #400290

Mike stoops resume os qualified enough to be the head coach. Thats what we needed and wanted. I just hope we can keep KP! 
Back to the top

This is a great replacement. Big time name and resume to match. The young kids will recognise the name . I don't know how it all happens , but FAU has gotten it done with the past few hires. Fau football is sooo close to dominating. I'm excited about the future.
Back to the top
Control functions: