Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Rick said

We just lost the best DC in the conference.

He didn't belong here - which is why he is gone.

The year before, we did the same (Spencer) and it was MIRACULOUS that we landed Leavitt - who immediately assumed the same role as C-USA Top D dog.

Can we do that again?

Third time is a charm, so we'll see, but my $ is on a slide.

(not being negative just realistic)

Go Owls!

Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 10:16 PM #400278

No disagreement here. I think it’s a realistic expectation at this point. The defense overachieved in 2020 in my opinion. 
Back to the top

Schedule

Just looked at the 2021 schedule. I had to look up who GATA was . Why on earth would we post a teams moto as the name of the university. Odd.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Just looked at the 2021 schedule. I had to look up who GATA was . Why on earth would we post a teams moto as the name of the university. Odd.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 5:41 AM #400318

It's an embedded tweet, and it's supposed to reach as many people as possible.

#GATA is a top hashtag on twitter.

The schedule image will be backfilled here in due time.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

JakeElman said

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 11 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Conference games in bold Home games in ALL CAPS
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 3:41 PM #400246

I see four “if FAU fails to win these games, LOL” games: Fordham, FIU, UTEP, and ODU. (CUSA not keeping ODU in Boca when ODU sat out last season and skipped the trip to FAU is interesting. Should have just kept the 2020 trips for ODU). 

UF will be an embarrassing afternoon but at least it’ll be a nice cash influx. The option teams could easily beat FAU. Marshall will be tricky although that’s here. UAB is a coin flip. FAU can beat MTSU. Unsure about UNCC and WKU. I’d lean WKU. 

Right now, I think the ceiling is 7-5. I would like to be wrong and there’s plenty of time for me to be wrong. But I’m not expecting a fun year. 
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 3:46 PM #400249

We can beat uf. The stoshak & buddy game must have been before your time.

How can you possibly look at that schedule and say 7-5 is the ceiling is beyond me. The talent on our team alone beats 9 of those teams.

COVID is an excuse for the offense. New offense. No spring. New qbs who had no meaningful experience. Offensive line was shuffled around (to put it nicely) because of COVID, starting with the Marshall game.

Sometimes I wonder why our fans are so negative and down on our squad. Other G5’s and CUSA teams envy our talent level, last few seasons, and general potential for success.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 9:04 PM #400277

I was a freshman for the UF game in 2015. Don’t play the age card with me to insult me — you won’t win. 

The ceiling is 7-5 because I am not confident in this offense. The best player (Davidson) can’t stay healthy. McCammon has the potential to be very good, but he also has durability problems. The tight ends contributed nothing last year, and you replace the position coach there (Fairman) with the position coach in charge of a WR unit that couldn’t catch anything in the final month. And you keep Mehringer as co-OC?

There is no offensive player I can point to besides James Charles and put a ✅ next to their name as “dependable” or “dynamic.” That first word is crucial. And don’t list John Mitchell, both because of his injury history and drops. The last staff got so frustrated with JM’s inconsistency near the end of Kiffin’s final season. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

NJOWL said

JakeElman said

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

I see four “if FAU fails to win these games, LOL” games: Fordham, FIU, UTEP, and ODU. (CUSA not keeping ODU in Boca when ODU sat out last season and skipped the trip to FAU is interesting. Should have just kept the 2020 trips for ODU). 

UF will be an embarrassing afternoon but at least it’ll be a nice cash influx. The option teams could easily beat FAU. Marshall will be tricky although that’s here. UAB is a coin flip. FAU can beat MTSU. Unsure about UNCC and WKU. I’d lean WKU. 

Right now, I think the ceiling is 7-5. I would like to be wrong and there’s plenty of time for me to be wrong. But I’m not expecting a fun year. 

How can you possibly look at that schedule and say 7-5 is the ceiling is beyond me. The talent on our team alone beats 9 of those teams.

COVID is an excuse for the offense. New offense. No spring. New qbs who had no meaningful experience. Offensive line was shuffled around (to put it nicely) because of COVID, starting with the Marshall game.

Sometimes I wonder why our fans are so negative and down on our squad. Other G5’s and CUSA teams envy our talent level, last few seasons, and general potential for success.

I was a freshman for the UF game in 2015. Don’t play the age card with me to insult me — you won’t win. 

The ceiling is 7-5 because I am not confident in this offense. The best player (Davidson) can’t stay healthy. McCammon has the potential to be very good, but he also has durability problems. The tight ends contributed nothing last year, and you replace the position coach there (Fairman) with the position coach in charge of a WR unit that couldn’t catch anything in the final month. And you keep Mehringer as co-OC?

There is no offensive player I can point to besides James Charles and put a ✅ next to their name as “dependable” or “dynamic.” That first word is crucial. And don’t list John Mitchell, both because of his injury history and drops. The last staff got so frustrated with JM’s inconsistency near the end of Kiffin’s final season. 
Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 8:01 AM #400322

No one is playing an age card or insulting. You obviously didn’t take it into consideration. That uf team was good. Our team was bad. We should have won. Could come out differently this time.

7-5 is our basement. This team lost nothing and we easily should have been better than our record this year.

I’m not sure why our fans are such pessimists. Could be the 2010-2016 we had to endure!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

JakeElman said

NJOWL said

JakeElman said

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

No one is playing an age card or insulting. You obviously didn’t take it into consideration. That uf team was good. Our team was bad. We should have won. Could come out differently this time.

7-5 is our basement. This team lost nothing and we easily should have been better than our record this year.

I’m not sure why our fans are such pessimists. Could be the 2010-2016 we had to endure!
Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 8:49 AM #400323

We got spoiled with Lane and now conference titles and a fringe Top 25 ranking is the standard as it should be. I would like to think that the 2021 season will begin and end with how well our QBs play and I’m inclined to say that both Tronti and Posey will come back improved. If Posey can be the guy he was against FIU just a little more consistently, we are in good shape and I believe he can be. While he is a totally different QB, we had frustrating times with Robison as well when he was a Freshman and he was also benched for an upperclassman in Jake Peavy. I think our D is still primed to be among the best in the G5. Our O-Line returns everyone as does most of our RBs with the addition of the dynamic Johnny Ford. The big question is going to be QB play and if we can get more out of the WRs/TEs this coming year. TJ Chase and John Mitchell might be good starting points but we’ll see. Also hoping Wester takes a step forward instead of a step back like Willie Wright did after his Fr year. Speaking of which, I hope Willie returns he’s a fan favorite and overall good kid! 
Back to the top

NJOWL said

JakeElman said

NJOWL said

JakeElman said

RelicOwl said

2021 FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 4 at Florida
Sept. 18 FORDHAM
Sept. 25 at Air Force
Oct. 2 FIU
Oct. 9 at UAB
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Charlotte
Oct. 30 UTEP
Nov. 6 MARSHALL
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Nov. 20 at WKU
Nov. 27 MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 8:49 AM #400323

Fair enough on the age. I respectfully disagree about the basement for this team because I do not have enough proof that the offensive staff (outside of Norrid) can maximize the talent they have. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Looking at which games I'd make, because who doesn't like planning 7-10 months ahead, and I'm not that far off from UAB or CLT (because CLT??), and I saw, FIU had been moved to some random conference opener slot, where Marshall is pushed into November, and I thought, yea, I get it.

I don't know how I feel about 7-5 in 2021. Depending on the split between NSD and the transfer portal, I'll have a better idea. Of course, then maybe I'll be worried about 2022…

I'm short, fat, bald(ing). I've got crooked teeth. I lack ambition. I've got no money. My partner of eight years is the opposite of those things. She's great. Which is to say, we can beat UF.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Looking at which games I'd make, because who doesn't like planning 7-10 months ahead, and I'm not that far off from UAB or CLT (because CLT??), and I saw, FIU had been moved to some random conference opener slot, where Marshall is pushed into November, and I thought, yea, I get it.

I don't know how I feel about 7-5 in 2021. Depending on the split between NSD and the transfer portal, I'll have a better idea. Of course, then maybe I'll be worried about 2022…

I'm short, fat, bald(ing). I've got crooked teeth. I lack ambition. I've got no money. My partner of eight years is the opposite of those things. She's great. Which is to say, we can beat UF.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 2:48 PM #400329

We need more fans like you Art.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

7-5 is the absolute floor, the 2021 class is not final yet and I suspect we take some impact players in the portal. And as pointed out in the pod Michael Johnson can absolutely coach the offense. Also its pretty evident we arent going to win games starting tronti or posey and MJJ without taking a single snap here yet is a major upgrade. We return almost all the seniors on the D plus add back keke and greene and we return the entire offensive line. 

Back to the top
Control functions: