Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

jgf2017 Thread: Taggart Jr & No Transfer QB

THE WILLIE WAGON said

This is the best thread ever made
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2021, 11:43 AM #400154

I have to start stocking for the apocalypse — we finally agree on something. Everyone get under your desks.  

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I’ve been in Hollywood a little bit lately and Everytime I’m there or in Dade county it’s just such a miserable place I couldn’t imagine living there. I had a friend who went to A certain college down south and she couldn’t stand Miami. She never wanted to go back.

We really can use our location advantage of Boca Raton and hopefully further north in Palm Beach County. I see a lot of FAU gear and license plates in Boynton Beach. I was reading about people saying Miami is paradise but it’s a pretty depressing place. 
Back to the top

About not knowing how good receivers are until there’s a good quarterback, you can tell who’s good even if the QB’s bad. And there’s a lot worse than Tronti, at least he could hit his first read.

The way you tell how good a receiver is you have to see how open they are and how often. A great receiver will be wide open just about every play. 

None of the receivers in 2020 were creating a lot of space. Willie Wright seemed to be the only one capable of getting behind the defense with enough space to catch a deep ball uncontested but he can’t catch anything. He’s up there with Durante.

Chase not only doesn’t create enough separation but he is no threat for yards after the catch. Add that to the fact he’s not a winner and there’s really no reason for Chase to be coming back this last year. He’s just going to be taking reps away from receivers who have a chance to be good and will be here past 2021. 

This isn’t rocket science but again you have to have experience knowing how these things work. It’s not like these transfers are on track to being the next NFL superstar. Frankly I’ve had enough of these P5 transfers who aren’t winners. 
Back to the top

Of course no one is giving me credit or acknowledging that I’m right. I said Taggart Jr. is going to be the 2nd string QB and get a lot of playing time. Johnson Jr. is going to be the other QB.

I think everyone knows at this point I was right. Remember I said that if we got a transfer QB it would only be for 2021 and he would have 1 year of eligibility left.

And about Taggart Jr. throwing 50 yard passes. I never said he couldn’t. I said he couldn’t throw for 25 yards with air under it. That’s a big difference. So I guess we should all expect Taggart Jr. to be beating teams with the bomb in the coming years. 

Throughout this whole time I never said Taggart wouldn’t succeed here. The S&C is so good that he will be a success. The defense will always be good and the offense will just have to be average basically. I still think there’s players that don’t like what Taggart did playing his son at WR. But the talent and S&C will probably be so good it won’t matter. 
Back to the top

Johnson has 4 years of eligibility 
Back to the top

I said long term there’s only going to be 1 QB ahead of Taggart Jr. and that the only “play now” transfer we would get would be a 2021 starter with only 1 year of eligibility remaining. Do you even read my posts? And for all I know Taggart Jr. will be the starter. It’s amazing how all the “insiders” with inside information from the athletic department don’t really know much when it all comes down to it. A lot of this is basic psychology. There’s a coach in Taggart who either had a wildly inflated view of his son’s “skills” or is just purposely playing him because he doesn’t care about his players. Of course he isn’t going to bring in QB’s. 

I was a little surprised and it made me question what kind of person Taggart is when he played his son at WR, making designed trick plays for him no less. But when I heard that players hated him for it, that made me mad. I’m not a fan of Taggart anymore. The only reason I want him to succeed is because he’s the head coach at FAU. His character is in question with the things he’s done. Did you see his son’s stats in 2020, they’re atrocious. 

The “insiders” aren’t exactly getting inside information, I’m just saying. How am I right but you guys are wrong?

So basically you all admit I’m right that we’re only getting a transfer for 2021 with 1 year of eligibility left. Got it.

And I’m supposed to trust these insiders when they say players don’t hate Taggart.
Back to the top

Get this person on the podcast
Back to the top

owlmart said

Get this person on the podcast
Posted On: Feb 5th 2021, 11:56 AM #400426

Yes
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I said long term there’s only going to be 1 QB ahead of Taggart Jr. and that the only “play now” transfer we would get would be a 2021 starter with only 1 year of eligibility remaining. Do you even read my posts? And for all I know Taggart Jr. will be the starter. It’s amazing how all the “insiders” with inside information from the athletic department don’t really know much when it all comes down to it. A lot of this is basic psychology. There’s a coach in Taggart who either had a wildly inflated view of his son’s “skills” or is just purposely playing him because he doesn’t care about his players. Of course he isn’t going to bring in QB’s.

I was a little surprised and it made me question what kind of person Taggart is when he played his son at WR, making designed trick plays for him no less. But when I heard that players hated him for it, that made me mad. I’m not a fan of Taggart anymore. The only reason I want him to succeed is because he’s the head coach at FAU. His character is in question with the things he’s done. Did you see his son’s stats in 2020, they’re atrocious.

The “insiders” aren’t exactly getting inside information, I’m just saying. How am I right but you guys are wrong?

So basically you all admit I’m right that we’re only getting a transfer for 2021 with 1 year of eligibility left. Got it.

And I’m supposed to trust these insiders when they say players don’t hate Taggart.
Posted On: Feb 5th 2021, 11:32 AM #400425
I hope WTJ succeeds then! and yes I read your posts because of how insane they are.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

It’s amazing how all the “insiders” with inside information from the athletic department don’t really know much when it all comes down to it.
Posted On: Feb 5th 2021, 11:32 AM #400425

Why are you even here? Since the site leadership is so bad, and we know nothing leave.

Back to the top