Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ UTSA - February 12 & 13, 2021

Add topic

FAU Basketball Finally Returns to the Court

What: Florida Atlantic (8-8, 3-4) vs. UTSA (11-9, 7-6)

When: Friday, February 12, @ 7 PM
           Saturday, February 13, @ 4 PM

Where: UTSA Convocation Center

Series: The Owls own a 7-5 edge over the Roadrunners in the all-time series.

UTSA Team Site: Here

TV: None

Stream: ESPN+ *Subscription Required

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

UTSA at a Glance:

Offense - 77.1 PPG, 43% FG, 32% 3PT

Defense - 74.9 PPGA, 43% FGA, 34% 3PTA

Rebounding - 37.8 RPG Roadrunners, 37.1 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Roadrunners are coming off a 90-47 assault on Florida International, UTSA's largest road win in program history. The Roadrunners sweep over the lowly Panthers means UTSA has won five out of their last six games, a complete turnaround from starting conference play with one win in their first six tries.

Senior guard Jhivvan Jackson has continued his high scoring ways from years passed. This season he remains UTSA's top scorer with 19.9 PPG. That includes 22-point performance last Saturday at FIU. Jackson scored 16 of his 22 in the final five minutes of the first half.

The two-time First Team All Conference player is currently third in C-USA history in points scored with 2,411. He is 227 points away from the record currently held by former Marshall sharp-shooter Jon Elmore.

UTSA is 8-1 this season when playing at the friendly confines of the Convocation Center.

FAU at a Glance

Offense - 80.7 PPG, 47% FG, 38% 3PT

Defense - 66.1 PPGA, 42% FGA, 35% 3PTA

Rebounding - 40.7 RPG Owls, 31.1 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Owls are finally set to return to the court for the first time in three weeks. Two weeks ago, FAU's series against Marshall was postponed due to COVID-19 testing and contact tracing within the FAU program. Last weekend's set with WKU was also postponed due to COVID-19 issues within the WKU program.

Those postponements, plus the postponement of FAU's series with Middle Tennessee, means the Owls have played less conference games than any other C-USA program.

Last time out FAU split their series with Charlotte. The Owls were victorious in Game One while the 49ers upended FAU at The Burrow in Game Two.

A trio of Owls continue to average over double digits in scoring. First is forward Jailyn Ingram with 14.5 PPG. Not far behind are guards Michael Forrest and BJ Greenlee with 11.5 and 11.1 PPG, respectively.

FAU continues to pace C-USA in rebounds averaging just above 40-per game. That mark allows the Owls to be the 13th best rebounding team in the nation.

Latest Line: FAU +5.5

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Seems like it's been forever.. but it's time for some FAU basketball!

No changes in the starting five as any worry about an injured JI is put to rest.

Back to the top

About time we play again
Back to the top

Jackson has been kept mostly in check… so far. But it's been UTSA's center Jacob Germany who's causing the Owls pain. Ten minuted in and he already has ten points.

Mike Forrest is doing his best to keep the Owls hanging. He's drained a pair of threes.

Back to the top

We've hit halftime in San Antonio.

Not mentioned in this tweet is Alijah Martin draining back-to-back threes. Out of the freshmen, he has impressed the most.

Back to the top

A game where we are shooting 43% from 3PT so far and we're losing, wow…

It's always been just the opposite so far!

Back to the top

Kenan Blackshear is having himself a day!

Back to the top

Forrest with the board and Blackshear with the three, AND-ONE!

Back to the top

FINAL. UTSA holds on, 80-84.

Back to the top

Tough break. FAU offense brings their "A" game shooting 40% FG and 37% from three, but it's not enough to overcome a 30 point outing from the conference's top shooter, Jhivvan Jackson.

Back to the top
Control functions: