Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Baseball Media Day

Add topic

The nation's #18 OF prospect will be immediately injected into the lineup. "First base is his" Coach Mac said, later adding to expect him to hit in the middle of the order. "He has above bat to ball skills, above average ability to understand what the pitcher is doing." Expect the true freshman to make an impact with quality at bats.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

"And he likes to fish" . My kind of kid. I don't know him, but I'm already a fan.
Back to the top

Coach Mac has his infield set up, although expect heavy rotation at 2B. BJ Murray will sit in the hot corner while Wilfredo Alvarez will line up next to him at short.

Back to the top

Coach is sizing up FAU's C-USA opponents. He says defending champs USM are still top dog until they're dethroned. But he adds that LaTech and ODU are darkhorses in their respective divisions. FAU was predicted to finish first in the East division, with USM tabbed as the favorites in the West.

Back to the top

COVID testing protocols are as follows:

Team will be tested every Monday morning. Turnaround for results will be that night or in some cases Tuesday morning.

ROAD weekend series team is tested on Wednesday.

HOME weekend series: team is tested on Thursday.

C-USA requires TWO team-wide tests every week.

Back to the top

What are the rules for fans. Is there GA tickets going to be sold?  Is someone go ing to monitor my behavior? Do I need to where a mask ? If so, can I just drink beer all game to avoid the mask ?
Back to the top

Social distancing and masks are required…mask can come off only while actually eating or drinking…limited attendance but that will only be a thought for a couple games at most - Miami being one and possibly UCF. 
Back to the top

As far as I know, the starting pitchers for this weekend’s series will be as follows:

Friday: Jacob Josey (FAU) vs. Colton Gordon (UCF)
Saturday: Javi Rivera (FAU) vs. Hunter Patteson (UCF)
Sunday: Matt Sparling (FAU) vs. TBD (UCF)

Please let me know if there are any changes.
Back to the top

Bought season tickets a few days ago! Excited to get baseball back and support the program this year!
Back to the top

First game Saturday. I am relying on coach Mac to field a quality group. For the first time in years,  I'm showing up without any expectations. I know the names, but I'm as ignorant as a first timer.
Back to the top
Control functions: