Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. FGCU - February 23 & March 5, 7 & 30, 2021

Add topic

Owls Baseball Races Across Alligator Alley to face FGCU

What: Florida Atlantic vs. Florida Gulf Coast

When: Tuesday, February 23 at 6:30 PM, Fort Myers
           Friday, March 5 at 5 PM, Boca Raton
           Sunday, March 7 at 2 PM, Boca Raton
           Tuesday, March30 at TBA, Fort Myers

Where: Swanson Stadium
            FAU Baseball Stadium

Video: At FGCU: YouTube
           At FAU: CUSA.tv *Subscription Required

Live Stats: Here

FGCU Team Site: Here

Series: FGCU owns a 12-9 edge over FAU although the Owls have won three straight.

Projected Starting Pitchers:

FAU - RHP Braden Ostrander
FGCU - RHP Najer Victor

Notes

Owls

The Owls bested the previously ranked No. 23 UCF Knights by taking the series two games to one. Opening day was held in Orlando where FAU started the 2021 campaign with a resounding 12-6 victory. The Owls clinched the series with a 20-15 Game Two victory via a performance that made national headlines. UCF got their revenge in Game Three with a 15-6 result, which includes seven UCF runs in the ninth inning.

Freshman catcher Caleb Pendleton made national headlines Saturday night by smacking back-to-back grand slams in the first two plate appearances of his collegiate career. The grand slams sandwiched a first collegiate home run by fellow freshman Nolan Schanuel for a 12-run second inning. The 20 runs scored in the contest set a record for most FAU runs in the John MacCormack's 12-year tenure as FAU Head Coach.

Eagles

FGCU is off to their best start since 2018 following a three-game sweep over USF. The Eagles took the first two games in Tampa, including an extra innings affair on Opening Day. Most impressive was their home debut on Sunday, in which the Eagles erased a 7-0 deficit to beat the Bulls 12-10.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Updated the capsule to include tonight's pitching matchup.

Freshman RHP Braden Ostrander gets the nod for FAU. This will see his first pitching appearance as a college athlete.

FGCU counters with fellow freshman and RHP, Najer Victor.

Considering how many runs each side scored last weekend and who they're throwing on the mound, expect an offensive explosion tonight in Fort Myers.

Back to the top

Braden had a stellar  senior year. If he can keep his composure . If he can throw strikes. If he can minimize mistakes . Fau should be fine. BUT, and it's a big but, it's going to be tough for him to be cool. We'll  see what he is made of in s few hours. Wish him and his family luck. But what ever happens, this is his virgin effort. No judging.
Back to the top

Starting line up is out. I wonder what the over/under is for how many grand slams Caleb gets.
Back to the top

We're underway from 19 miles from the beach along the Gulf coast.

Back to the top

It's a BOBBY BOMB!

Back to the top

Great job by our freshman starter. Coach kept the pitch count down  and he left with a lead. Everything he was asked to do. Now comes the relievers……hold your breath.
Back to the top

Nolan contines to impress…. in just his fourth ever collegiate game.

Back to the top

Schanuel is making this college hitting look easy.
Back to the top

Game didn't become the offensive explosion I excepted, but it's still going in our favor! Let's close it out boys!

Back to the top
Control functions: