Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Seton Hall - February 26-28, 2021

Add topic

Local Owl said

Just logged on to fauowlsnest.  Basketball and baseball winning. Feel a good that we have serious athletics.  Proud to be an owl
Posted On: Feb 27th 2021, 6:28 PM #400790

It's a great time to be an Owl, that's for sure! Women's basketball is playing the best they've played in years. Men's soccer has yet to lose this campaign. Spring football starts soon. AND we're living in Paradise!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Owls have improved a GREAT DEAL with their timely hits, including this go-ahead RBI single from DeSantolo to bring home Low.

Back to the top

And I read where golf had a great week. I feel so good for these kids.
Back to the top

It's Nolan Schanuel's world and we're all just living in it.

Back to the top

He's a freaking freshman. Start collecting his memorabilia.  It will be be valuable some day.
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! FAU clinches the series with a 17-14 Game Two victory over Seton Hall.

Back to the top

Average pitching, no problem. Simply out score  your opponent. I joke.  To advance in the tournament  we must have pitching.
Back to the top

Owls move to 5-1 with a 17-14 victory over the Seton Hall Pirates, clinching the weekend series. Nolan Schanuel was the star tonight, hitting two three-run home runs late in the game to guide FAU to victory.

The Rundown
  • Nolan Schanuel stole the show tonight, hitting 3-6 with six RBIs and two home runs.
  • Coach Mac talked about B.J. Murray's power in yesterday's presser, and he delivered tonight. He hit 2-3 with a homer and two RBI, also drawing three walks.
  • Javi Rivera struggled in the fourth inning, giving up seven of the eight runs that the Pirates scored in the fourth inning.
  • Nicholas Del Prado came into the Top of the ninth with a 17-9 lead and left the game after allowing five earned runs and not recording a single out. Mike Entenza had to come into the game to close it after Sam Drumheller recorded two outs and gave up a hit.
  • Sam Low shined in his first collegiate start. He went 2-4 with two RBIs and a walk.

"[I told Nolan] don't do too much, just take your time, get a good pitch, we don't need heroes, although, he becomes the hero right there." -head Coach John McCormack on what he told Nolan Schanuel before his two home runs.

The Owls will look to close up the sweep against the Pirates tomorrow at 12 PM. The game will be broadcast on C-USA TV.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: Here
Back to the top

Nice job Colby Guy. Our pitchers are doing what young pitchers do early in the season.They start excited and working hard. Generally,  they get thru the line up once. Then they slowly start running out of gas. Coach mac needs to figure out where that out of gas line is. But it is so early in the season, who knows when that will happen. Coach always makes the right coaching moves. Sometimes it works . Other times it doesn't. But it's always the proper move.
Back to the top

Good thing we hit that 42-yard FG late in the 4th to go up 17-14…. wait, this was a baseball game 😀
Back to the top
Control functions: