Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Seton Hall - February 26-28, 2021

Add topic

Could be ranked tomorrow…

:Not-Talking:
Back to the top

Braden Oestrander heads to the mound to close off the top of the ninth with a 10-1 lead for the Owls. Let's see if they can finish off the sweep!

Back to the top

Shaky ninth. But other than that, best pitching performance of the season. Real nice start  for FAU baseball.
Back to the top

FAU completes the series sweep of the Seton Hall Pirates with a 10-4 victory! Matt Sparling was fantastic despite a scare in the top of the third after getting drilled by a pitch.

The Rundown
  • Matt Sparling was absolutely dominant today, pitching six innings and striking out 10 batters. He only allowed three hits, one walk, and one run.
  • Bobby Morgensen is day-to-day with a leg contusion. He is questionable to return for Wednesday's matchup against UF.
  • Mitchell Hartigan shined offensively, he went 2-4 with four RBIs.
  • Nicholas Toney hit the Owls' lone home run of the ballgame and finished tonight's game with three RBIs.
  • Dante Visconti pitched a clean two innings out of the bullpen, only allowing one hit and zero runs with two strikeouts.
"In a good offense, every day it can't be Nolan and it can't be Bobby, the other guys have to show up, so I'm happy for him." -head coach John McCormack on Mitchell Hatrigan's performance.

The Owls will be back in action on Wednesday, Mar. 3, as they head to Gainesville to play the Florida Gators. First pitch will be at 6 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on SEC Nework+.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: Here
Back to the top

Six wins . One loss.  Lets go to Gainesville  and play hard. Get some kids some experience in a big time atmosphere.  Great pitching to day . This is a good team. Could be great if we can  solidify our pitching.
Back to the top

Reminiscent of some previous teams, but like what we have seen so far. 
Back to the top

Nice to get the sweep.  So far this team is showing potential to be outstanding offensively and defensively.  Hoping the pitching will catch up soon.  Cusa and upper level competition will eat us alive if this pitching staff doesn't tighten up though.  

Back to the top

I would rather the pitching  need improving early on than the hitting. This is a hitting team. My goodness.
Back to the top

Connecticut beat Southern Miss today, so not too worried about "elite"  C-USA at this point.
Back to the top

I'm watching odu , UNCC, and fiu.  Crazy hitting and pitching. I think we are one of five top teams. Need to keep our arms healthy  and pain free.
Back to the top
Control functions: