Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Spring Football

LawOwl said

Posey is the guy IMO. A year of experience and full spring will do wonders for him. He can be a run first QB and if he shows even a slight improvement as a passer, he can be a top QB in C-USA
Posted On: Mar 2nd 2021, 8:43 PM #400871

The starting QB vs UF is about -250 not being on the roster now.

This is not just my opinion.

FAU has space left and will see what can possibly shake loose into the portal after spring.

Back to the top

If I had my way, we would bring in a transfer with an arm. Then this season I would figure out a way to use Posey and his athleticism.  All the while developing Johnson Jr.  Shane , I wish you could tell us wbat youve heard. But i undsrstand. BTW….its game day !!
Back to the top

We're getting a crack at the new coordinators today. First up is Co-OC Mike Johnson.

On what he knew about the young FAU program before coming to Paradise, he said he knows about Boca Raton and the type of recruiting hot bed FAU is gifted to be in.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Coach Johnson said his son transferring to FAU in December "didn't have much of an impact (on his decision to become the Co-OC at FAU) as some may assume." He later said it will be exciting to coach his son for the first time since the high school ranks.

Back to the top

Now it's Coach Stoops, the new DC's turn. He said he didn't know much about FAU until the Owls paid a trip to Norman a few years ago. He mentions Howard Schnellenberger creating the program and Lane Kiffin bringing the program great exposure.

On how Taggart sold him to join FAU, Stoops hints that the area sells itself.

Back to the top

Coach Stoops said in a perfect world he would run a multiple set defense. He mentioned that the front players may be a bit smaller that what he's used to.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Coach Johnson said his son transferring to FAU in December "didn't have much of an impact (on his decision to become the Co-OC at FAU) as some may assume." He later said it will be exciting to coach his son for the first time since the high school ranks.
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2021, 12:30 PM #400876

Jack, are you guys posting the audio for this? I’m personally interested to hear Johnson’s full comments. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Mar 3rd 2021, 12:30 PM #400876

Jack, are you guys posting the audio for this? I’m personally interested to hear Johnson’s full comments. 
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2021, 12:40 PM #400879

No.
Back to the top

New DC Mike Stoops said most of this Spring will be used to understand his players; their strengths and weaknesses. From there, he will implement schemes.

Back to the top

Notables from today via SID Katrina McCormack:

• Receiver Jefftey Joseph was the first to draw praise with a long reception during half line pass drills and five minutes later it was TJ Chase and company celebrating
  • LaJohntay Wester hauled in a 40-yard pass during 7-on-7
  • "Smoke" Romain Mungin recorded an interception during 7-on-7, which drew a chest bump from defensive coordinator Mike Stoops
  • Minutes later, Jordan Helm made a diving interception that was spectacular but drew very little fanfare, primarily because it is commonplace for the senior safety
  • Fellow safety Armani-Eli Adams had a huge pass breakup exciting the defensive sideline

Something new to the Owls' practice is announcing players to break 20 mph. Players wear a vest, that among other things, measures their speeds throughout the day. The moment a player hits the speed of 20 mph, a horn sounds and the strength coaches drop and do a regiment of pushups. On Wednesday, Je'Quan Burton became the first to break the 20 mph plateau in back-to-back practices. Wester joined the club with a route down the Atlantic Coast sideline.
Back to the top
Control functions: