Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU vs. UF - March 3, 2021

Add topic

We now know how GREAT this team CAN be. What a showing! Proud Owl!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

How bout  dem  Owls!!! OH MY.
Back to the top

Your turn, Willie Taggart…,

Great win. Entenza is a star. Hunter Cooley has really grown into a crafty lefty. TV broadcast was factual and respectful to FAU. A good night!

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

WHAT. A. WIN.

The Rundown is coming soon…

Back to the top

Oh my God, we're actually going to Omaha aren't we?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The No. 21 Florida Atlantic Owls just made a huge case to move further up the rankings as they defeated the No. 6 Florida Gators by the score of 3-2. Mike Entenza earned the win with three scoreless innings while Jackson Wenstrom made a beautiful game-saving catch to get the second out of the 10th inning to help propel the Owls to victory.

The Rundown
  • Wilfredo Alvarez was on fire tonight, hitting 3-5 and crossing the plate for all three of FAU's runs.
  • Mitchell Hartigan is proving to be one of the most reliable hitters in this FAU lineup. He went 2-4 with 2 RBIs, including the game winning RBI single in the top of the 10th.
  • Mike Entenza was electric in his three innings on the mound. He only allowed one walk and no hits, striking out four batters while earning the win.
  • Hunter Cooley is proving to be a solid option out of the bullpen. He pitched three scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and no walks while striking out four batters.
  • TJ Stuart had a solid four innings of play. He struck out six batters and allowed two runs, three walks, three hits, and a home run.

The Owls will be back in action on Friday, March 5 against Florida Gulf Coast. First pitch will be at 5:00 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on C-USA TV.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: Here
Back to the top

Tonight I was most impressed by the pitching. They are getting better every game. So nice to see the confidence building. The rest of the game was solid all around. Huge win. Important win. Let's keep it up.
Back to the top

Huge win!!!!
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Your turn, Willie Taggart…,

Great win. Entenza is a star. Hunter Cooley has really grown into a crafty lefty. TV broadcast was factual and respectful to FAU. A good night!
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2021, 9:09 PM #400908

Haha could you imagine!? We owe them an ass kicking on the gridiron after last time…

Pitching was stellar today. Cooley was incredibly good and entertaining. Entenza really showcased who he can do. Stuart's performance shouldn't be overlooked either: 4.0 IP, 3H, ,2ER, 6K is a pretty solid day!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Woke up . Looked at my phone. We still beat the gators!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: