Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: MTSU @ FAU - March, 4 & 5, 2021

Add topic

Really been impressed with how well the Owls have been able to pass the ball today. They've limited their turnovers, which is an obvious plus following 21 TOs last Saturday, en route to finding open jumpers along the arc.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Rick said

Not many teams you can shoot 1-of-9 from 3 PT and be leading by double-digits!

:Laughing:
Posted On: Mar 4th 2021, 6:48 PM #400926

Thankfully, 1. The threes are starting to finally connect, and 2. MTSU is bad.

Back to the top

OWLS WIN! FAU blows out MTSU, 80-50!

We're getting hot at the right time!

Back to the top

Florida Atlantic continues their winning ways, overcoming Middle Tennessee 80-50 for their third straight win in as many games. This victory solidifies a winning regular season record for the third straight season, a feat never accomplished before within the FAU Men's Basketball program.

Quick Hits

• A trio of Owls scored in double digits, but none scored more than Karlis Silins. The Latvian's 15 points was good to secure his eighth straight double digit outing.

• Guards Michael Forrest and Kenan Blackshear were not far behind with 14 and 11 points, respectively.

• It was also a trio of guards who paced the Owls in rebounding. Forrest, BJ Greenlee, and Johnell Davis finished tied with a team-high six boards.

• The offense looked stressed against MTSU's 1-3-1 zone, but the passing remained smooth, limiting turnovers and finding open shots.

• Head Coach Dusty May said he hopes his team will continue to carry their positive play into the C-USA Tournament, "but we're focused on giving our fans a win tomorrow."

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

Back to the top

When the right leader is in place, you get the results. Happens in life, business, and sports. Coach May is the right leader.
Back to the top

Sad to see JI, Silins, and Winchester play their last game in Paradise.

Back to the top

Ingram had a good career here…he was solid for 4+ years. Injuries are a b—-h.

I had higher hopes for Winchester. Silins quietly bounced back this year. I personally thought he’d put up better numbers given his talent and size but he was OK. 

I think Ingram leaving leaves John Mitchell as the only player left from the three main sports who saw sizable action when I first started covering FAU in 2016. And Ingram is also the last holdover from the Michael Curry era. 😩

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Blackshear is having himself a banner day. His nine points out paces all of MTSU.

Back to the top

Owls up at the half, nearly doubling up on the Blue Raiders.

Back to the top

Here's JI just doing regular JI things in his last game at The Burrow.

Back to the top
Control functions: