Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

Add topic

FINAL. Owls' season ends in the Quarterfinals of the C-USA Tournament.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU's 2020-2021 season comes to an end following a heart-wrenching 75-69 defeat to Louisiana Tech.

Quick Hits

• Michael Forrest capped off his junior season with a 22 point outing. He was 7-7 from the field, including 6-6 from three, going all the way until midway though the second half before missing a shot.

• On the FAU Radio Network, Coach Dusty May said if Forrest continues on this path, then "he should go down as one of the best players to ever put on an Owls uniform."

• Redshirt senior Jailyn Ingram played his best game since sustaining an injury a month ago against UTSA. He scored 15, including three clutch three pointers.

• The game was with 2:14 remaining thanks to a Karlis Silins put-back layup. LaTech would go on to shoot and convert six straight free throws from that moment on to punch their ticket to the semis.

• FAU has not advanced to the semifinals of a conference tournament since winning the A-Sun Championship in 2002.

• Speaking of Karlis Silins, he was third in scoring and second in rebounds with 12 and 5, respectively. He saw limited time due to a pair of early first half fouls and eventually fouled out with a minute remaining in his final collegiate game.

• Despite the loss, FAU can claim their third straight winning season for the first time since becoming a DI program. Head Coach Dusty May has been at the helm for all three years.

• May closed his interview with Ken LaVicka saying "We definitely earned respect. We belong. People know that they're going to get a battle whenever they have Florida Atlantic on their schedule. And now it's time for us as a program to take the next step forward."

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Not a bad showing at all. I watched the game and we had our chances. I am looking forward to next year and seeing this team take the next step
Back to the top

I streamed the game last night on Pluto TV with my brother (not a FAU alumni) and he was pleasantly surprised by the play. I actually enjoy watching FAU basketball with May at the helm.
Back to the top

North Texas jumped out to a 17-0 lead to begin the game but would need overtime to defeat WKU 61-57 and win the 2021 C-USA  Championship. 
Back to the top
Control functions: