Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. UCF - February 19-21 & March 16, 2021

Add topic

If you think these aluminum bats are crazy, you should have seen them ten years ago. These have already been modified to give them less pop. Anothet readon for the offensive numbers is more simple. Hitters have become GREAT. In the past, if you could throw 92-95 mph, you could dominate. Today the hitters, even straight out of high school  can handle that. Historically , every time the run totals get too crazy, they make a change to try and control it. Which usually cause a different problem.  
Back to the top

rook01 said

Local Owl said

Eleven walks and hit batsmen.  It was like watching a bad high school staff. Man, we need some answers fast or this will get ugly.

Posted On: Mar 16th 2021, 9:40 PM #401213

I think the aluminum bats should be replaced by wooden bats. It is the reason why the scores are so high. Check around the state.

University of South Florida lost to Gulf Coast 17-13 and Stetson 14-12. Can you imagine scoring 25 runs in two games and losing both games by a total of 6 runs. Too many good teams in Florida to let the hitters use aluminum bats.

MLB actually created a wooden bat league in Florida as they were tired of these great aluminum bat hitters doing nothing when they had to hit with a wooden bat.
Posted On: Mar 17th 2021, 9:31 PM #401233

Wow! Those ARE slow pitch softball scores!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If you think these aluminum bats are crazy, you should have seen them ten years ago. These have already been modified to give them less pop. Anothet readon for the offensive numbers is more simple. Hitters have become GREAT. In the past, if you could throw 92-95 mph, you could dominate. Today the hitters, even straight out of high school  can handle that. Historically , every time the run totals get too crazy, they make a change to try and control it. Which usually cause a different problem.

Posted On: Mar 18th 2021, 5:31 AM #401234

My undergrad Stetson Hatters lost in the Regional Finals 22-14 to FSU. One guy on Stetson hit 3 home runs and drove in 8 runs in a losing effort. They supposedly deadened the sweet spot on bats but lately the numbers are going back to the way it was.

Stetson had two players that won MLB Cy Young awards in Corey Kluber and Jacob DeGrom that won Cy Young in the Majors, DeGrom hit a home run of Chris Sale at Florida Gulf Coast University who is great MLB pitcher DeGrom was a shortstop and not a pitcher. He converted to pitcher between his sophmore and Junior year. Mets drafted DeGrom in the 9th round. One Rookie of the Year and two Cy Youngs later, they did pretty good. Florida is just loaded with great baseball talent. I remember FAU in the 1980s when I am not even sure we were Division I yet competitive with UM that had NCAA championship teams. It is the reason why MLB set up a wooden bat league in Florida. Davey Johnson ex Mets Manager used to manage the DeLand Suns and I believe another team in Sanford,
Back to the top
Control functions: