Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 QB Situation

jgf2017 said

It’s definitely an interesting situation. Sure the Perry thing is probably at the top of the list, but if he plays 2 years here or even 1, sure it’s great pr and he’s capable of having a great year. But that might add to someone transferring out sooner than later. It seems sometimes like Tronti is the odd man out. But it’s really going to come down to Posey. I think he should move to WR, but if he wants to play QB he might not be the starter with Johnson Jr. and Taggart Jr. Judging by that tweet, it seems like Johnson Jr. expects to be a 3-4 year starter here. 
Posted On: Mar 26th 2021, 11:09 PM #401386

I think Tronti is a good guy, a bit sensitive but a good guy from my personal interactions with him. I think I greatly overestimated him as a quarterback. At best, he is a Taysom Hill-type and even if Lane Kiffin was the coach here last year, I think Tronti may eventually have been exposed as that.

His problem becomes if he enters the portal, who is giving a scholarship to a Taysom Hill-type grad transfer? Maybe an FCS school in dire need?

Nonetheless, my gut (I have no inside info) tells me today that either he or Taggart Jr. will be the starter against UF barring an injury or a transfer out. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

It’s definitely an interesting situation. Sure the Perry thing is probably at the top of the list, but if he plays 2 years here or even 1, sure it’s great pr and he’s capable of having a great year. But that might add to someone transferring out sooner than later. It seems sometimes like Tronti is the odd man out. But it’s really going to come down to Posey. I think he should move to WR, but if he wants to play QB he might not be the starter with Johnson Jr. and Taggart Jr. Judging by that tweet, it seems like Johnson Jr. expects to be a 3-4 year starter here. 

Almost certain MJJs tweet was more biblical/destiny, as in: do not stress because our futures are pre-ordained by G-d. It was not a “I don’t have to work hard because I know I will start.”

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

jgf2017 said

Almost certain MJJs tweet was more biblical/destiny, as in: do not stress because our futures are pre-ordained by G-d. It was not a “I don’t have to work hard because I know I will start.”
Posted On: Mar 27th 2021, 10:23 AM #401389

I am so glad you said this. I meant to comment before but got busy at work. Kelvin dean put nearly the exact same quote as have many other players. It was a biblical reference. It laymans terms its basically why stress when you are not in control what will happen will already be written. I can’t believe ppl think he would put I dont have to work hard my spot is guaranteed on the internet lol.
Back to the top

Let's just leave this right here…

Back to the top

Don’t think it’s coincidence at all. Would love to have him!
Back to the top

👀
Back to the top

https://247sports.com/Player/NKosi-Perry-85231/

Go take a look at perry's 24/7 a crystal ball for FAU has been added
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Posted On: Mar 28th 2021, 8:38 PM #401472

I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong. I just can’t get excited about Perry or a P5 transfer coming here to play QB. I feel like we’ve been burnt enough times by giving these kids insane expectations with the idea that they’ll dominate C-USA off talent alone. 

At least he’s a former starter … but buyer beware. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong. I just can’t get excited about Perry or a P5 transfer coming here to play QB. I feel like we’ve been burnt enough times by giving these kids insane expectations with the idea that they’ll dominate C-USA off talent alone. 

At least he’s a former starter … but buyer beware. 
Posted On: Mar 28th 2021, 8:42 PM #401473

If he is better than tronti, taggart jr, and posey its a win win situation. Most of that trio is inconsistent. Nkosi’s arm strength would allow FAU to take shots downfield. They could also possibly switch positions for posey and taggart jr. A low risk high reward situation. He doesn’t have to win the heisman but he could be a solid conf usa QB.  
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

I think we'll create our own crystal ball page now…in fact , going to take that up with my developer.

Anyways, we're far enough along in public knowledge to just let the cat out of the bag now…"nobody move, nobody get 'urt".

This was created on January 19th, 2021 for a reason, and sure everyone has seen it posted multiple times before anyways:

Here's the deal…

If someone had transfer credits, they would be here already and would have been on the field yesterday instead of the stands. I still have the tweet saved this image was attached to - which was ready to be released months ago - when the time comes. But for now, FAU has higher standards than other Universities, including Miami when it comes to some things.

That said, the strategy has changed and the need to now simply have a degree and bypass our undergrad requirements is underway.

If someone does their job academically, FAU will have no choice but to accept them, Jake will enjoy a crow dinner with a member who had to be suspended for two weeks because we'll have four QB's ahead of his continual point of rule violating criticism.

Go Owls  :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: