Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Breaking: QB N'Kosi Perry Transfers to FAU Football

Add topic

Willie Taggart and his staff have landed arguably their most crucial off-season addition in former University of Miami quarterback N'Kosi Perry through the transfer portal.

Perry had originally entered the portal in January but withdrew his name in order to finish his degree at the University of Miami.

Perry, a redshirt junior, announced his transfer from Miami last week after starting nine games in his career, going 6-3 and throwing for 2,484 yards, 24 touchdowns with ten interceptions while completing 52.4 percent of his passes. He also rushed for 217 yards and three touchdowns.

The former four-star product most recently stepped in for injured quarterback D'Eriq King during UM's game vs. Oklahoma State in the Cheese-It bowl and completed 19 of 34 passes for 228 yards and two touchdowns, almost bringing his back from a 21-7 deficit.

Perry's best game as a Hurricane, though, came in 2018 when he threw for four touchdowns, bringing Miami back from a 27-7 deficit to win 28-27 versus then Willie Taggart's Florida State Seminoles.

The Ocala Vanguard product will now compete with fellow four-star transfer Michael Johnson Jr. and returning starters Javion Posey and Nick Tronti for the Owls' starting quarterback job.

Perry has two years of eligibility left if he chooses to apply for a "Covid Wavier'' after the 2021 season.
Back to the top

The best part about Kosi is the fact he has played in some monster games.

Walking into a packed swamp will not phase him as it most likely would the younger QB's.

The FAU QB has taken an 180 degree turn from last year.

Back to the top

Great news! Completely changes the my outlook on the offense and 2021. 
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

The best part about Kosi is the fact he has played in some monster games.

Walking into a packed swamp will not phase him as it most likely would the younger QB's.

The FAU QB has taken an 180 degree turn from last year.

Posted On: Apr 28th 2021, 1:59 PM #401897

We're coming for that Gatorade.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I'm going to assume  he has a scholarship. And he could have two years left, if I've read everything right. He could enter grad school, play two years , get a graduate degree. That would be amazing to get a b.s., and graduate degree, all under scholarship, just for playing football. He and his family should be very proud.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm going to assume  he has a scholarship. And he could have two years left, if I've read everything right. He could enter grad school, play two years , get a graduate degree. That would be amazing to get a b.s., and graduate degree, all under scholarship, just for playing football. He and his family should be very proud.
Posted On: Apr 28th 2021, 2:51 PM #401906

I don't know if he's doing his MBA in Sport Management, but that'll be great for him. He'll have two great degree from two schools all paid for. Plus, he might improve his chances to make the NFL during his time here. Plus, he can make extra on the side because of the new NIL rules. It's a win-win-win-win situation for everyone!

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Like I said he has played in some big moments.
Back to the top

Love it. For those that do not know, I’m also a UM alum in addition to an FAU alum and follow UM closely (though not as closely as FAU) and I have to say, Kosi was always very underrated in my eyes. He’s the perfect one year bridge option to set the table for the MJJ era for the next few years. Exciting stuff!!
Back to the top

Ehh we'll see….  Lol.  I've fallen for this so many damn times regarding getting excited about any transfer.  Minus a Trevor Lawrence type transfer to FAU I'll hold any excitement and judgment until about mid-season.  Hopefully we keep starting qb position an honest competition for the best starter and not about high school stars and where they came from, because honestly (no offense lawowl and other um fans) there hasn't been anything impressive come out of um in a long time.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Ehh we'll see….  Lol.  I've fallen for this so many damn times regarding getting excited about any transfer.  Minus a Trevor Lawrence type transfer to FAU I'll hold any excitement and judgment until about mid-season.  Hopefully we keep starting qb position an honest competition for the best starter and not about high school stars and where they came from, because honestly (no offense lawowl and other um fans) there hasn't been anything impressive come out of um in a long time.  
Posted On: Apr 28th 2021, 6:16 PM #401920

None taken and yes I agree it’s been a struggle for the Canes for a long while. No lie there. But, at the very least, Kosi adds an element of depth that was sorely lacking last season. CR’s  experience was missed last season and really, he’s been the only transfer QB to work out for us. Melvin German, DeAndre Johnson, Rafe Peavy, the list goes on and on of guys who came here with high hopes only to flop. So, I agree, let’s just see what happens but it’s fun to see this going on in the off season at least!
Back to the top
Control functions: