Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Breaking: QB N'Kosi Perry Transfers to FAU Football

Add topic

Let’s just see how things play out…no one predicted Parr would start the 2017 opener when camp opened that year…for all we know, Perry could be the third-stringer against UF and Edrine could be a starting wideout. Give it time. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I don't think Owlsdad got close to implying that. Just re read his post. And i believe that is the opinion of most that watched FAU  last season.   
Back to the top

JGF - your post said good WRs get wide open on nearly every play, and to that I have no problem disagreeing.  As I stated, if good WRs are “wide open on nearly every play” then teams with good WRs would score on nearly every play.  

I have watched a fair amount of football myself, and I have played quite a bit, too (including collegiately as a QB).  My take is that the QB situation last year was pretty bad - hard for anybody to argue that.  I do agree we didn’t seem to have outstanding WR play, either.  But even when there was a chance for big plays throwing the football I witnessed more inaccurate throws than anything else.

Plenty of blame to go around on the poor passing offense, and that was more my point. 
Back to the top

I think most fans ,that watched last season's games, will agree with this simple statement. If I were to grade the positions last season QB- D.    WR-C.  Room for plenty of improvement.
Back to the top

Owls dad, why didn’t you read my last post?

I said a great receiver would be wide open every play. They will get double teamed every play. Defenses will have to adjust their game plan to stop a game breaking receiver.

Harrison Bryant in 2019 is a good example of a pass catcher being open all the time. I’m glad you keep trying to rip apart my argument without fully reading my posts. It reaffirms my suspicion I’m unfairly getting messed with. If you don’t want me trashing players fine. But It would sure be nice if you read my posts before arguing. It seems like you’re repeating the same thing over and over. I thought that was against site rules.
Back to the top

No WR is wide open every play - that is what you said.  Then you adjusted saying they are wide open and get double teamed.  That is a much better argument (but doesn’t make sense because they wouldn’t be wide open).  The best argument is that a dominant WR requires a ton of attention from the D that takes pressure off the rest of your offense.  If that is what you are saying, I will wholeheartedly agree.

But that isn’t the point here.  I agreed that the WR play was not stellar.  I totally agree an Andre Johnson or a Harrison Bryant makes life easier on a QB.  If you’ll read my posts you’ll see I said that but also pointed to poor blocking and yes - poor QB play with erratic and inaccurate throws, or players not progressing through reads when there was a chance to make a play in the passing game.

We all agree that the offense was fairly anemic - a bad passing attack meant defenses stacked up in the box against what should have been a potent running game.  And I think we all agree with the addition of the new QB transfers and another off-season of Tronti and Posey getting reps in the offense that we should be better at QB.

Now back to the thread - I am excited that Perry is at FAU because I believe he makes the QB room better. 
Back to the top

You repeated the same post 2 times. Owls dad, I remember a couple years ago you mentioned you played defensive line at a Div 1 school. Now today you just said you played quarterback. I think you might be lying.

Back to the top

Honestly I’m done with this argument. I’ve learned my lesson. I’m not posting again in this thread. I’m going to ignore Owlsdad. On top of that, he basically lied when he said he played defensive line at a Division 1 school nonetheless. That’s pretty funny.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

You repeated the same post 2 times.
Posted On: May 5th 2021, 11:19 AM #402003

Reiteration and repeating are two different things. You for one ought to completely understand the difference:

jgf2017 said

The problem is that Taggart under threw a wide open receiver by 5 yards on what should’ve been a 25 yard pass and has no awareness.
Posted On: Jan 7th 2021, 7:46 PM #399823

jgf2017 said

Taggart Jr.’s under throw made me think he can’t throw for 25 yards with velocity.
Posted On: Jan 7th 2021, 9:45 PM #399828

jgf2017 said

Taggart Jr.’s under throw made me think he can’t throw for 25 yards with velocity. Considering his son can’t even throw 25 yards with air under it it’s a joke.
Posted On: Jan 8th 2021, 9:58 AM #399840

jgf2017 said

But Taggart Jr. can’t throw more than 20 yards with air under it so it’s very concerning he will be anywhere near the top of the depth chart.
Posted On: Jan 9th 2021, 12:39 PM #399865

jgf2017 said

But Taggart Jr. can’t even put air under a 25 yard throw.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 9:20 PM #400111

jgf2017 said

Wow so Taggart Jr. had by far the worst day of the 4 QB’s. He went 5-15. This kid is a joke. It’s going to be 4 more years of this garbage. I’ve been saying he can’t throw 25 yards with air under it.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2021, 9:33 AM #401446

On a side note, you've found yet another way to get tangled up in non sense dialogue that's bad for business. People who visit here don't want to read this crap. And I'm about done with it.
Back to the top

And to clear the record - I have never said I played D-line in college.  I played QB at an FCS school in the early 90s. 

Sorry Rick - I should keep the posts about Perry, but wanted to at least have that straight given I was full-on called a liar 😀
Back to the top
Control functions: