Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is the national media neglecting N'Kosi Perry and FAU?

The main reason I don’t think it made headlines is because Perry hasn’t been successful. 

He was in Richt’s offense, but it didn’t work. In Richt’s offense, the QB needs to be able to see the field and go throw his reads. That’s why a guy Perry wasn’t  successful. They aren’t guys who will get past their first or second reads. That’s why it’s imperative that he can run. What’s the worst thing that can happen, risk getting hurt by running more than he’s used to. It’s not like he’s a draft pick at this point. 

But the offensive line needs to block. The tight ends need to be a million times better. And someone at receiver needs to be a big play threat.
Back to the top

At 6’5” and 250 lbs transfer Zaire Mitchell will certainly be a huge addition.
He has already shown that he can catch and go and will be another option for whoever becomes the starting QB.
Throw in Johnny Ford and the rest of the returning RB along with a healthy John Mitchell and it will be a much different looking offense this fall.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

At 6’5” and 250 lbs transfer Zaire Mitchell will certainly be a huge addition.
He has already shown that he can catch and go and will be another option for whoever becomes the starting QB.
Throw in Johnny Ford and the rest of the returning RB along with a healthy John Mitchell and it will be a much different looking offense this fall.
Posted On: May 9th 2021, 5:51 AM #402073

I think people are putting a bit too much stock into John Mitchell…an excellent young man who is going to do amazing things in his life. But he had a very inconsistent 2019 season. I’ve mentioned it before but the last staff really urged him over the 2019 season’s final weeks to use his hands instead of his chest when catching the ball. 

So you have that, and you have him coming off a knee injury. And he’s a holdover player from the last staff. So we shall see. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Agree.
Back to the top

Again I’m not a genius, but it seemed like the receivers that looked explosive in 2020 were backups like Merrell, basically not the transfers.

It’s going to come down to the offensive line giving Perry time to throw and for him to roll out of the pocket and also take advantage of running lanes to gain yardage. He actually had some decent games running in 2018. 

I’m not sure how much we will miss Bryant and Raine. That’s why it was such a big deal Raine transferring. That could’ve cost us a couple wins.

I thought we had some baseball player supposedly playing tight end in 2020. I don’t know why no 3rd or 4th string tight ends didn’t play last year. It makes no sense. I guess maybe Irvin was promised playing time. Ever since I started following the G5 level really well, it seems like you Have to promise P5 transfers playing time.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Again I’m not a genius, but it seemed like the receivers that looked explosive in 2020 were backups like Merrell, basically not the transfers.

It’s going to come down to the offensive line giving Perry time to throw and for him to roll out of the pocket and also take advantage of running lanes to gain yardage. He actually had some decent games running in 2018. 

I’m not sure how much we will miss Bryant and Raine. That’s why it was such a big deal Raine transferring. That could’ve cost us a couple wins.

I thought we had some baseball player supposedly playing tight end in 2020. I don’t know why no 3rd or 4th string tight ends didn’t play last year. It makes no sense. I guess maybe Irvin was promised playing time. Ever since I started following the G5 level really well, it seems like you Have to promise P5 transfers playing time.
Posted On: May 9th 2021, 9:22 PM #402077

I was thinking the same thing late in the year. You went what, seven games without a TE catch? Why not give Wenstrom or Ryan Cameron an opportunity if they’re healthy? I’m not saying Ryan Cameron would’ve lit the field up but why not experiment with a change?

As for Merrell, he went from starting slot to…nowhere to be seen. And I don’t remember seeing him do much of anything in the spring game, but I could be wrong. And he played well against Marshall! Was he hurt? Did he fall out of favor?

See, for as much as I complain, I’m like a moth to the FAU flame. And I’m sure I’ll keep complaining and rambling. 🙂

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: