Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Transfer Kicker Logan Lupo Breaks Down His Commitment

Add topic

"We gotta' find kicker,'' Owls' head coach Willie Taggart stated after the March 27th spring game, in which FAU's kickers had their ups and downs missing a field and an extra point.

Lousiville transfer Logan Lupo kicker will take his four years of remaining eligibility to paradise and join FAU's football program.

Logan's spent his second season at Lousiville, primarily focusing on punting, but will come to FAU to compete for the starting placekicking role.

The Saint Thomas Aquinas product named first-team all-county in 2019 after hitting 41-42 extra points and going three of four on-field goals with a long of 48 yards.

"I love the opportunity to play close to home where my family can watch me", Lupo told FAUOwlsnest.

Lupo's brother Landon played for FAU's soccer team in 2017.

Lupo will also be reunited with fellow Saint Thomas Aquinas alumnus and current Owls long snapper Nick Marino, who long snapped for Lupo in high school.

Owls special teams analyst Daniel Owen initially contacted Lupo, and along with Owls' associate head coach and newly named special teams coach Raymond Woodie they communicated regularly with Lupo to land his commitment.

"The staff really honest with me from the beginning and on what the expectations will be, and I just love the program,'' he exclaimed.

FAU's kicking position now became a significant need when Valdi Rivas entered the transfer portal after going eight of ten in field goals in 2020.

He will now have to compete with redshirt sophomore Aron Shahriari and freshman Morgan Suarez for the placekicking duties.

As always, stay locked into FAUOwlsnest.com for all your FAU Football and recruiting news.
Back to the top
Control functions: