Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Just read your post. Pulled up the 2021 schedule.. Just going on history and talent level (about as non scientific as you can get), imho we could have trouble with uf,  gaso,  af, uab,Marshall. If we can field a qb that can produce, we will be fine.
Back to the top

FAU has a Thursday night game at Charlotte on 10/21, that’s on CBS Sports Network at 7:30 p.m. The Saturday game (11/6) vs. Marshall is also on CBS SN but at 6 p.m. Both teams are on a bye before the Thursday nighter, so no two games in five days like we saw with USM last year or UNT in 2018. 

BTW the Thursday night NFL game on 11/21 is Browns-Broncos, so you can watch Harrison Bryant 𝓪𝓷𝓭 Logan Peterson if you have two screens. Go HB. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

That’s going to be a big game in the race for the East division 
Back to the top

I agree, Law. If FAU hangs in there over the first two months, the Clint Trickett Bowl* may even decide if FAU goes bowling or not. Marshall will be interesting because they always have the talent but collapse down the stretch. Maybe Huff will fix that by bringing in that Saban culture and system. 

*I don’t know if this has ever happened at FAU before or how often it occurs in college, but it’d be cool to see FAU honor Trickett during a timeout or something. Say what you want about the offense last year (and he became the scapegoat) but you don’t win two titles without him. 

Back to the top

JakeElman said

I agree, Law. If FAU hangs in there over the first two months, the Clint Trickett Bowl* may even decide if FAU goes bowling or not. Marshall will be interesting because they always have the talent but collapse down the stretch. Maybe Huff will fix that by bringing in that Saban culture and system. 

*I don’t know if this has ever happened at FAU before or how often it occurs in college, but it’d be cool to see FAU honor Trickett during a timeout or something. Say what you want about the offense last year (and he became the scapegoat) but you don’t win two titles without him. 
Posted On: May 26th 2021, 6:28 PM #402245

I agree. Clint was a very under appreciated piece during the last few years.

With regard to the schedule, which I looked at and analyzed while waiting in Zoom Court for my client’s case to be called today, I think it’s going to be a struggle early and would not be surprised in the least if we start 1-3 heading into conference play. The ghost of Pat Chun continues to haunt us one last year. 

My way too early prediction for this upcoming season is a ceiling of 8-4 and a floor of 6-6. We probably make a bowl game but not the conference championship. We have a stretch in the middle of the season where we play the likes of ODU, UTEP, Charlotte and what I believe to be a down and rebuilding Marshall squad (which we almost beat with practice squad guys last year. Also, Grant Wells was heavily exposed towards the end.) During that stretch, I think our season’s outcome will be very telling. If we go on a win streak there we could salvage  what could be a slow start to the season. At UAB will be tough and then at very cold WKU in November will be tough as well. I like our chances for an eight win season if we can at least win one of those games. Luckily for us, C-USA is weak… again.

However, it’s totally possible we end up in the conference championship game at 8-4 (7-1). Perry will be the starter at first but it wouldn’t surprise me to see MJJ take over later in the season. I still love the upside of Posey although I’m probably the last one on that train. 

What do you all think? Time for WAY too early season predictions!
Back to the top

FAU-UF on Saturday, Sept. 4 is a 7:30 p.m. kickoff on the SEC Network. We can't use the Ole Miss game as a diversion – they play that Monday (Sept. 6). :Big-Grin:

Back to the top

JakeElman said

FAU-UF on Saturday, Sept. 4 is a 7:30 p.m. kickoff on the SEC Network. We can't use the Ole Miss game as a diversion – they play that Monday (Sept. 6). :Big-Grin:
Posted On: May 27th 2021, 3:05 PM #402267

Hoping for an upset! 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

Posted On: May 27th 2021, 3:05 PM #402267

Hoping for an upset! 
Posted On: May 28th 2021, 7:33 AM #402270

I have a friend who is a Gatorland alumni who wants me to go to the game with his group.

In Brevard county where I live most of the Gatorland fans never went to school there with no ties to the university but act as if they did.

I don’t know if I  want to deal with that scenario plus have to stay two nights up there
as the hotels require a two night reservation during football season. 🙄
Back to the top

Here's the 2021 Football Schedule…

2021 FAU Football Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

I thought we were past these Facebook-only games. All hail the HMDI cord. 

Back to the top
Control functions: