Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU could make an argument to be included in the CFB Playoffs

I'm really excited about Perry.  
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

walty12 said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

If FAU goes 12-1 (with the only loss coming against UF) I THINK we could make an argument for reaching the CFB playoffs based on the idea that this article presents.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-playoff-expansion-plan-043900023.html
Posted On: Jun 8th 2021, 12:08 PM #402394

How about we beat UF?
Posted On: Jun 10th 2021, 12:35 PM #402413

N’Kosi Perry
Posted On: Jun 10th 2021, 7:16 PM #402414

I'm doing my annual thing.  

Starts in January - we have no chance against X P5 team, going to get blown out.

March - Well, in reviewing the roster and hearing all the good spring stuff, this team might be pretty good.  Maybe we only lose to X P5 team by 2 scores.

June - X P5 team lost X guys.  We have all these guys returning.  Why not us, why not now?  If we get some turnovers and can be effective against their running game we can keep it close.

August - I hate X P5 team, we are going to compete and probably win.

Halftime of game against X P5 team….7th cocktail and ready to cry.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Sounds about right.
Same thing happens in my home at half time of P5 games.
:Yawn2:
Back to the top

Same here. My excitement lasts till about half. The Oklahoma game lasted about 20 minutes
Back to the top

walty12 said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

walty12 said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

If FAU goes 12-1 (with the only loss coming against UF) I THINK we could make an argument for reaching the CFB playoffs based on the idea that this article presents.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-playoff-expansion-plan-043900023.html
Posted On: Jun 8th 2021, 12:08 PM #402394

How about we beat UF?
Posted On: Jun 10th 2021, 12:35 PM #402413

N’Kosi Perry
Posted On: Jun 10th 2021, 7:16 PM #402414

I'm doing my annual thing.  

Starts in January - we have no chance against X P5 team, going to get blown out.

March - Well, in reviewing the roster and hearing all the good spring stuff, this team might be pretty good.  Maybe we only lose to X P5 team by 2 scores.

June - X P5 team lost X guys.  We have all these guys returning.  Why not us, why not now?  If we get some turnovers and can be effective against their running game we can keep it close.

August - I hate X P5 team, we are going to compete and probably win.

Halftime of game against X P5 team….7th cocktail and ready to cry.
Posted On: Jun 11th 2021, 10:45 AM #402417

I think this is the year we have the best chance TBH, Perry won’t be rattled in the Swamp (I think). 
Back to the top

Love the enthusiasm guys. But realistically speaking, we’re probably looking at 8-4 with a potential berth in the conference championship game. GA Southern and Air Force are going to be very tough and frankly, I think we’re lucky to split those. The ghost of Pat Chun continues to haunt us. Ugh.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Same here. My excitement lasts till about half. The Oklahoma game lasted about 20 minutes
Posted On: Jun 11th 2021, 11:31 AM #402419

Advanced training games! Fun for the first quarter. Blacked out by the third. The OSU game halfway through the third was ok and there was a sense of “we might still be in this. It ain’t over yet” then Jordan Fields just destroyed the defense
Back to the top

GA Southern and Air Force are two tough games to prepare for.
The FAU scout team offense can not run the option close to the speed or efficiency that GA Southern and Air Force run on a daily basis in practice and games.
The defense will be tested in those two games, let alone the UF opener.
Let’s concentrate on C-USA and the Championship.
Back to the top

You are realistically hoping for 2-2 in OOC and 5-3 in the conference…and the 2-2 is beating GS and Fordham at home. Florida lost a lot of players on offense but it is still a blue-blood program facing a mid-major with plenty to prove offensively. Florida could be in for a 9-3 year and still beat FAU by 45. 

8-4 is doable but you need a lot of things to go right offensively. I would  edge away from nine or more wins right now. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

You are realistically hoping for 2-2 in OOC and 5-3 in the conference…and the 2-2 is beating GS and Fordham at home. Florida lost a lot of players on offense but it is still a blue-blood program facing a mid-major with plenty to prove offensively. Florida could be in for a 9-3 year and still beat FAU by 45. 

8-4 is doable but you need a lot of things to go right offensively. I would  edge away from nine or more wins right now. 
Posted On: Jun 12th 2021, 9:10 AM #402424
100% correct.

Good-Great QB play we win 8-9 games, possibly double digits.  

Average QB play 6-7

Below average…well.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: