Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Time to get the 2022 Recruiting Class Talk Started!

Back to the top

I'm ready for football.
Back to the top

FAU with south Alabama outreach…

Back to the top

Local Cardinal Gibbons prospect, who also recently received an offer from FAU from 2022…LEGIT size and skills.

Back to the top

As previously reported above by Shane, circling back on this 2022 prospect as well…things are heating up for the Owls with him…says they are in his Top 3 and is hopeful to take an official visit in December.

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I can update that Atlantic High School 2022 3 star safety Marquis Lymon will be on campus today.

Lymon hold multiple Power Five offers.

Posted On: Jun 27th 2021, 9:36 AM #402500

Back to the top

Third time's the charm?

Back to the top

Rick said

Third time's the charm?

Posted On: Oct 25th 2021, 10:00 PM #404386

Let's hope he isn't making his decision based on attendance.  

I have personally accounted for 25% of our attendance numbers on Thanksgiving weekend in the past.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Am I wrong, that it seems, and I know Shane had been covering this for us, and I'm happy for his moving on/up, but, is there very little recruiting news going about, for early signing being so close? The news I've seen, and I'm not trying to read into it, has had Perkins or another position coach meeting with a kid, and not, well, you know..? I didn't  make sentence so good just now but….
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Am I wrong, that it seems, and I know Shane had been covering this for us, and I'm happy for his moving on/up, but, is there very little recruiting news going about, for early signing being so close? The news I've seen, and I'm not trying to read into it, has had Perkins or another position coach meeting with a kid, and not, well, you know..? I didn't  make sentence so good just now but….
Posted On: Dec 7th 2021, 12:21 AM #405817

It’s too quiet, I agree. I know there’s some roster space issues (which are a product of many things, including the pandemic) but it feels uncharacteristically quiet in the social media and transfer portal era where every kid is announcing where they’re visiting and what type of underwear they’re wearing to their math test. We still have a week until ESP begins so I guess there’s still time. 

(Although the issue that concerns me right now is with all of the depth you’re losing to graduation and the portal and then the guys like Tronti who are moving on from football, what is the SPRING roster going to look like? You want as many expected 2022 contributors avaliable in spring as possible.)

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

The 2022 recruiting class will be very small, perhaps only 10-15 scholarships.
The 2020 season did not count as a year played due to the NCAA COVID Rule and allowed Seniors to return for 2021 and not count toward the 85 football scholarships.
Juniors from 2020 returned as Juniors in 2021 and were included in the 85 player scholarships and will play in 2022 as Seniors. The only scholarships available for 2022 will come from Juniors moving on after graduating (Nick Tronti and Brandon Robinson) and others entering the transfer portal. (Malcolm Davidson and Chase Lasater).
Hope this makes some sense. Maybe Rick or Shane may have something to add.
Back to the top
Control functions: