Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletics Budget - 2021

https://www.upressonline.com/2021/07/fau-athletics-reports-a-10-5-revenue-increase-during-the-most-recent-fiscal-year-records-show/

An interesting read which breaks down FAU athletics funding.

Some cliff notes for those who do not wish to read the entire article:

The athletics department earned $40,113,869 in revenue during the most recent fiscal year, which ended in June 2020. Records indicate a 10.5% increase from the fiscal year of 2019 in which the department recorded $36,297,004 in revenue.

"Student fees make up a plurality, meaning it made up the largest part of the department’s revenue but not enough for a majority, of over 35% at $14,221,983"

Ticket sales for football suffered a drop between the two fiscal years. In 2019, the department reported $1,831,195 while recording $1,600,629 the year after, indicating an estimated 12.6% decrease in revenue. 

“There are revenues that are indirectly tied to football which don’t show up as football revenue in the report you’re referencing,” the spokesperson said. “In Conference USA during the 2020 fiscal year, there were only three schools that reported revenue exceeding expenses for the sport of football.”

Rick - not sure if this is the proper place to post the topic?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick - not sure if this is the proper place to post the topic?
Posted On: Jul 14th 2021, 1:15 PM #402574

'Tis fine sir!

:cool:

Back to the top

What I thought was interesting was ticket revenue was lower in 2019 than 2018. Team was much better, had 7 home games and one of them was UCF
Back to the top
Control functions: