Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Fall Camp

This is awesome news. Great job by FAU and all involved. 20 minutes is better than nothing and four days per week is still great for those who will have boots on the ground. I just hope they don’t get a ball to the nether regions like another former beat writer ( 🖐🏻 ) did. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Silver Bullet said

I think MJ is looked at as the future QB1 … but Perry probably starts the season…. if he plays well and holds the spot all year that would be great….he could hit a rough patch and open the door for MJ…. or MJ beats him straight up in camp…. either way I think we're good at QB1 and QB2 for this year….
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2021, 7:01 AM #402683

I mainly agree with this but I think experience puts Tronti at the QB2 spot. Sure he lacks the raw talent of MJJ but he’s mature and has a year in the system already. With our stable of RBs, I feel like he would be the backup a game manager who makes smart decisions. Tronti did not turn the ball over very much last year at all
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2021, 7:22 AM #402684

MJ is looked at as the future QB,,, by who? His Dad the OC? Nick Tronti should be #2 and don't be surprised if he keeps the starting job. Nothing went this way last year between COVID, OC/HC play calling issues and RB/WR drops. The 2 ifirst year imports have not taken a game snap here as yet!

"Posey; potential to be best QB in the conference". No chance!  
Back to the top

Bucs1 said

LawOwl said

Silver Bullet said

I think MJ is looked at as the future QB1 … but Perry probably starts the season…. if he plays well and holds the spot all year that would be great….he could hit a rough patch and open the door for MJ…. or MJ beats him straight up in camp…. either way I think we're good at QB1 and QB2 for this year….

I mainly agree with this but I think experience puts Tronti at the QB2 spot. Sure he lacks the raw talent of MJJ but he’s mature and has a year in the system already. With our stable of RBs, I feel like he would be the backup a game manager who makes smart decisions. Tronti did not turn the ball over very much last year at all

MJ is looked at as the future QB,,, by who? His Dad the OC? Nick Tronti should be #2 and don't be surprised if he keeps the starting job. Nothing went this way last year between COVID, OC/HC play calling issues and RB/WR drops. The 2 ifirst year imports have not taken a game snap here as yet!

Posted On: Aug 4th 2021, 6:17 PM #402702

I’d like to see Tronti have a solid season if he gets the nod. There has to be a way to maximize his dual-threat skills … right? 

Back to the top

Bucs1 said

LawOwl said

Silver Bullet said

Posted On: Aug 4th 2021, 6:17 PM #402702

He’s looked at as the future qb by everyone that went to the past spring game.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

The darling story is Perry comes in, sweeps the team off its feet, and we win 10 games.

Go 9-3 for the regular season, with a Bowl win attached.

Tronti is #1 right now.

It is his job to lose…

That given, will he in fact lose it to Perry?

My money is on yes, over time, with just how quickly being TBD. It could be two weeks into camp, and it could be games into the season like we saw with Driskel.

What actually happens, as we have seen plenty of times in the past, is reality. Tronti is the dark horse this year in my opinion, not MJ.

Of course with any unfortunate injuries this all changes.

Bottom line, looking forward to seeing how it all plays out…Report Day tomorrow!

Go Owls
Back to the top

Roster is in, click on the topic link inside the tweet to go directly to it.

Back to the top

Getting our first crack at Coach Taggart in a few following the first practice of Fall Camp.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU has a new numbering system that mimics that of the professional football or soccer world: best players get their pick of numbers.

Back to the top

This is an interesting trend in CFB, and I’m a fan of it. Cool to see. 

Back to the top

Taggart is excited about the increased size and fitness the players have taken on during the offseaon.

Back to the top
Control functions: