Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: Georgia Southern @ FAU Football - September 11th, 2021

Add topic

I'll pleasantly eat crow about criticizing the defense early.  I have a personal connection to both schools so I knew GS came into this game beat up and was disappointed to see us struggle early in the game against a dilapidated GS offense.

I admit I wasnt a fan of our defensive coordinator hire from the get go but I give Stoops and the players credit, they adjusted  and proved me completely wrong.  I went from being disapointed to being proud of our D.  
Back to the top

My only complaint is too many sacks. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

My only complaint was the FAU contractor parking their van in our red zone numbered parking spot.
Back to the top

voss749 said

My only complaint was the FAU contractor parking their van in our red zone numbered parking spot.
Posted On: Sep 11th 2021, 8:31 PM #403280

Have to protect Perry back there, and sometimes it's scary seeing him dive face first and not sliding. This guy needs great protection at all costs. He looks like he can have a very special year. So happy we landed him. Night and day from what we were doing at the QB position last year.
Back to the top

d-owl said

voss749 said

Posted On: Sep 11th 2021, 8:31 PM #403280

Have to protect Perry back there, and sometimes it's scary seeing him dive face first and not sliding. This guy needs great protection at all costs. He looks like he can have a very special year. So happy we landed him. Night and day from what we were doing at the QB position last year.
Posted On: Sep 11th 2021, 8:43 PM #403282

Read what I wrote again lol!
Back to the top

Me and my family enjoyed the game today. This season we moved over to the Hyundai Deck and are closer to the field. A few complaints and if someone from the Athletics department is on here please get back to me. 

1.) Lines for the concessions in deck were extremely long. Are there no vendors roaming the seats because of COVID

2.) Students seemed to be allowed into the section to get access to shade. Is there no enforcement of keeping students out. I understand recruits and players family but a lot seemed to be everyday students. 

3. Lack of merchandise in team store and or complementary clear bags for fans who might need a replacement.

4. Student tailgating next to Orange Lot and no crowd control. There was no one controlling the movement of the students out of the student tailgate next to the Orange Lot. They were crossing the entrance road to the lot without really looking slowing down entrance into the lot. Also there was no control of movement of cars in the Orange lot. One car blocked the drive so he could show off his puppies to friends and fellow students. 

That is all I got. After a slow start we really enjoyed the game. Hopefully the department will get the kinks ironed out. Go Owls. 
Back to the top
Control functions: