Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Takeaways from FAU's Home Opener Victory over Georgia Southern

Takeaways from FAU's Hope Opener Victory over Georgia Southern on September 11, 2021

Read more

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here

Great points

All very good points but the department needs to do a better job at managing the gameday experience from the concessions to the team store and yes the students. More students showed up in Hyundai Deck section than should have been. Yet in all they previous years security stopped us numerous times. So there needs to be claraifition on prosecutes. But great win overall. 
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

All very good points but the department needs to do a better job at managing the gameday experience from the concessions to the team store and yes the students. More students showed up in Hyundai Deck section than should have been. Yet in all they previous years security stopped us numerous times. So there needs to be claraifition on prosecutes. But great win overall. 
Posted On: Sep 12th 2021, 11:12 PM #403307

I haven't been in a few years (I'm in NY), but there were almost always issues when I had gone, to the point people I convinced to come with me probably won't go back. Was hoping things improved by now.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

All very good points but the department needs to do a better job at managing the gameday experience from the concessions to the team store and yes the students. More students showed up in Hyundai Deck section than should have been. Yet in all they previous years security stopped us numerous times. So there needs to be claraifition on prosecutes. But great win overall.Â
Posted On: Sep 12th 2021, 11:12 PM #403307
Very good observation here from USMCOWL.
We all want students to show up and give FAU the best home field experience.
The problem was that the Hyundai Deck side of the stadium was filled quickly after the game started when a lot of the students moved from the hot and sunny side of the stadium. It was hot and I get it.
I know security staffing was at a minimum due to hiring difficulties and even access to the Acura Lounge was easy with no one checking entry ID when I went in after the first half.
The paying customers on the Hyundai Deck side were frustrated with concession access and bathrooms with the influx of students.
Not sure if there is a good answer to all of this since we want students to show up, but some form of control is necessary. Maybe will should just chill and deal with it.
Back to the top

I would have no problem if students could purchase a cheap gameday hyundai deck upgrade but no freebies.
Back to the top

Defensive Game changed pace when starting gsu qb got injured.  (Note: starting qb was a 2nd string true freshman qb.)  Fau defense still a ? If you ask me.  
Back to the top

voss749 said

I would have no problem if students could purchase a cheap gameday hyundai deck upgrade but no freebies.
Posted On: Sep 18th 2021, 12:42 PM #403395

No thx.  They can pay for full season tickets package like everyone else.  It's getting really old droppin $Gs and then dealing with people in my seats and all the seats around us that most likely didn't pay a dime to get into the stadium every single game.  
Back to the top
Control functions: