Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: Fordham @ FAU Football - September 18, 2021

Add topic

FAU Goes for Nine Straight at Home vs Rams

The Matchup: Fordham (0-2) @ Florida Atlantic (1-1)

When: Saturday, September 18th, 6:00 PM

Where: Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Boca Raton, FL

The Series: FAU and Fordham have never played each other. This will be Florida Atlantic's first meeting with the Rams in program history.

Fordham Team Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison:

Owl Notes

FAU's offense is finally alive after putting up a whopping 528 yards of offense against Georgia Southern. N'Kosi Perry accounted for 332 of those yards, adding four touchdowns in the 38-6 win against the Eagles. His chemistry with LaJohntay Wester will be something to watch in this upcoming game, as the duo hooked up for a touchdown and 124 yards on seven receptions.

The run defense of Florida Atlantic is also something that improved over the past week, giving up only 139 to a high-powered rushing offense like GSU's after allowing 400 to UF the week before. Akileis Leroy's fumble in the second quarter was a huge part in flipping the momentum FAU's way and silencing the Eagles' offense in the second half.

One thing that FAU fans need to watch for an improvement in is the offensive line, as the Owls gave up 11 sacks in the past two weeks. After letting Perry get sacked six times in Gainesville, he was brought down in the backfield another five times in the team's home opener. Coach Taggart must stress pass blocking this week to protect their star quarterback.

Ram Notes

Fordham is coming off of a 26-23 loss to Monmouth, starting the season 0-2. Previously, the Rams were blown out by the Nebraska Cornhuskers, losing 52-7 in the opening week of the season.  Despite the slow start, Fordham does have some offensive playmakers who shouldn't be taken lightly.

Tim DeMorat had an incredible game against Monmouth, throwing for 352 yards and three touchdowns on 55% passing. He hooked up with Dequece Carter for 97 yards and two touchdowns on five receptions during the game, making for a deadly duo. The Fordham offense had five different receivers with over 50 receiving yards, giving DeMorat a steady group of weapons to work with against the Owls.

Game Information

TV: ESPN3
Stream: Here
Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU - 38

Back to the top

Chase Lasater had one solo tackle during his return to the lineup. Coach Taggart expects more from him next week.
Back to the top

The speedy freshman seems to be a huge fixture in the Owls' offense going forward.
Back to the top

Expect to see more Johnny Ford this weekend vs. Fordham. Coach Taggart mentioned that we are still waiting for him to perform at his highest level.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Coach Taggart says names of the teams don't matter, especially if his team is unable to execute.

Back to the top

Owls looking to make it ten-straight in Paradise!

Back to the top

JUST IN: Owls will turn to the candy cane look for tonight's contest vs. Fordham.

We don't know what Fordham will wear, but they rocked maroon helmet and pants with their road white jersey at Nebraska.

Back to the top

One of my favorite FAU traditions! Nothing beats the energy from the Owl Walk!

Back to the top

We're 60 minutes from go-time in sunny Boca!

Back to the top

The boys will be looking gooooood tonight!

Back to the top
Control functions: