Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2021: FAU @ UAB

FAU is traveling on the road to face UAB in their brand new stadium. I have been going back and forth all week with the result of this game. My biggest concern is that under Taggart FAU has not performed well on the road, and until I see a good performance on the road that thought will be in the back of my head. I think if FAU gets off to a good start that will be massive in picking up the W on the road.

I have a hunch that FAU will figure it out on the road finally under Taggart and will win the game somewhat in hand. I believe FAU is the more talented team, and that will make the difference in this game. I believe FAU's defense will step up big in this game and will cause a couple of turnovers, and slow down UAB offensively. FAU will have a balanced attack on offense, and N'Kosi has another solid day.

FAU: 31
UAB: 14
Back to the top

Difficult to know how this one is going to play out. I think it will be close, and I will go with FAU as a homer pick.

Fearless Prediction:

FAU 31
UAB 28

Upset pick of the week:

Friday night Stanford at Arizona State. Stanford comes off a monster upset of Oregon. Can they ride the momentum and make it two in a row? I like their chances even against a very solid ASU defense.

Stanford 27
ASU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Until we beat a team with solid defense and a decent running game, I am skeptical on margin.

However, they are somewhat banged up and their offense is not going to do what Air Force did to us.

Still, going with complete intuition on this one:

FAU 24  UAB 20

Back to the top

This is likely the last time all season we come in as underdogs and we haven’t looked good on the road at all against quality opponents. I’m going to say we take the L for the last time this season and will see these guys again (or UTSA) in the conference title game in December.

UAB wins in a close one 33-31
Back to the top

I agree with you on this one Law Owl, but as far as the last time we will be an underdog on the road will only apply when we actually win one on the road. Until that time, it will be difficult to favor us when we play at Charlotte and Western Kentucky.
Back to the top

I just think this is a favorable matchup for us, I also think the oddsmakers know more than I do. This is fearless, right? FAU 35 - UAB 28
Back to the top

FAU hasn’t won an out-of-state game since November 2019. I think that’s going to change this weekend. 

FAU 34, UAB 20. 

UAB is short handed and I think last week was the type of game that really can instill confidence in a team. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

My prediction -- will be close, we will do some frustrating wtf things -- but our talent ends up prevailing and we pull it out in a tough environment/start getting our mojo on the road for the rest of the year. 31 - 28.
Back to the top

I think FAU is due for a road win. The defense has a couple of takeaways and the offense gets a couple of explosive plays. FAU 35 UAB 21
Back to the top

JakeElman said

FAU hasn’t won an out-of-state game since November 2019. I think that’s going to change this weekend. 

FAU 34, UAB 20. 

UAB is short handed and I think last week was the type of game that really can instill confidence in a team. 
Posted On: Oct 8th 2021, 9:07 PM #403950

Great stat there, Jake. FAU had to come-back to beat WKU in Bowling Green early in November before the Harrison Bryant Show at UTSA.

While I wish this was an easier test, I think we will just squeak by.

28 - 27, the good guys.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: